|Primary Care Community Nurses|
Primary Care Community Nurses
Company : Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Primary Care Community Nurses
MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry;
Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking dynamic motivated individuals to fill permanent, full-time positions of Primary Care Community Nurses for the Canoe Lake Cree First Nation (CLCFN). Willing to fill positions on a full-time or part-time basis.
The Nursing Program includes community health, home and primary care nursing. The Meadow Lake First Nations offer a competitive wage and compensation package.
- Must be eligible for registration with:
- College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS) as an RN, RN AAP, or RN NP
- The scope of the positions is RNAAP or NP, however, RN’s willing to obtain RNAAP designation will be supported to obtain this while working in the RN scope and are encouraged to apply.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Have at least two years acute care experience.
- Other relevant experience and certifications in northern nursing and First Nations health care is an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) recent professional supervisory references to:
MLTC Human Resources Department
Health & Social Development
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5817 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information on position requirements, please contact Girija Nair, Nursing Programs Director at (306) 236-5817 or visit our website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Open Deadline
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability