|Performance and Data Analyst|
Performance and Data Analyst
Company : Vancover Police Department
Salary : $89,283 a year
Location : British Columbia
Performance and Data AnalystRequisition ID: 37056
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Performance and Data Analyst is a part of a team of Analysts in the City’s Centre of Expertise for Service Planning and Performance Measurement. Interfacing with key business leaders from client departments, the Performance and Data AnalystI enables the City to leverage data and performance metrics to support strategic, operational and financial decisions as well as support service transformation by driving accountability, improving transparency and increasing value for money.
This role partners closely with other Corporate Support teams to foster a culture of data driven decision making across the city by working with client departments to increase data literacy, enable data exploration, and disseminate business intelligence tools and processes amongst end users.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the City’s Service Planning process and Performance Measurement reporting by linking the Service Plans to performance metrics, budgets, Departmental work plans, and the Corporate Plan
- Develops, monitors and analyzes performance metrics, financial data and benchmarks to establish the cost efficiency and effectiveness of services
- Assists client departments in identifying opportunities to increase process accountability, transparency and value for money
- Provides data analysis and financial decision support which could include financial modelling, business analysis, and business case development
- Reviews the impact of major City decisions on service plans and performance
- Develops and tracks short term focus metrics to support continuous process improvement and improved service outcomes
- Proposes high value datasets for enablement through the City’s Enterprise Data Enablement process, building and deploying automated dashboards and reporting processes using business intelligence tools.
- Works with client departments to foster data literacy and user adoption of business intelligence tools and processes though end user support and training.
- Works with client departments to uncover and remediate data quality issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Business, Commerce, Business Analytics or a related discipline
- Masters of Business Analytics (MBAN), or Professional accounting designation (CPA), or Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum 4-5 years of post-designation experience in performance measurement, data analytics, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Experience identifying performance measures to inform strategic decisions
- Experience in building highly complex financial and operational models
- Business intelligence experience, familiarity with data management, BI tools, data mining and cleaning, designing reports and dashboards to facilitate evidence based effective decision making
- Extensive experience in strategically answering complex business problems through data analysis, scenario modeling and creative thinking
- Initiating business process improvements, supporting strategic decisions and change initiatives for a large organization
- Experience supporting and facilitating multi-stakeholder initiatives and engagements
- Experience with the creation and presentation of public information (formal/informal reports, other publications) as well as engagement involving a diverse range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple organizational priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of performance metrics, finance, and business concepts
- Strong business acumen and the ability to link financial and operational performance measures
- Proven ability to “connect the dots” and make strategic recommendations within the broad corporate context taking into consideration interdependencies among policies and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments in a wide variety of complex situations with no established precedents
- Ability to create data models, measurements and dashboards using Business Intelligence tools such as Excel, PowerPivot, PowerQuery, Qlik Sense, Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to extract and analyse large datasets from an Enterprise Data warehouse using T-SQL or other query languages an advantage
- Working knowledge of Python and/or R is an advantage
- Ability to perform complex financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Excellent communication and presentations skills with the ability to deliver complex concepts to both technical and non- technical audiences
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to represent and serve the City at all levels as well as interact with customers and clients outside the organization
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Problem-solving and issue resolution skills in a complex business environment
- Ability to maintain professionalism, objectivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
The City of Vancouver has a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy. All external applicants applying to the City of Vancouver are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and subject to this policy as a condition of ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Management (1150)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: November, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade RNG-080: $89,283 to $111,609 per annum
Application Close: October 6, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.
Education : Master’s degree
Experience : 3 years to less than 5 years