New Job Parking Enforcement Customer Service Rep In British Columbia
|Parking Enforcement Customer Service Rep|
Parking Enforcement Customer Service Rep
Company : The City of Vancouver
Salary : $29.13–$34.23 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 37071
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓ y̓ əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱ x̱ wú7mesh (Squamish),and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world.Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
As a team member of Parking Operations & Enforcement, the Parking Enforcement Customer Service Representative serves as the City's primary point of contact for citizens who require customer service and information on the City's parking programs, parking-related bylaws, enforcement requests and the City's bylaw adjudication system, including the payment and dispute processes.
As a Council-designated Screening Officer I, the Parking Enforcement Customer Service Representative will objectively and impartially review, all tickets/disputes from citizens and either confirm or cancel the ticket. Parking Ticket Enquirycan operate within the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
A Parking Enforcement Customer Service Representative will answer incoming calls and respond to both calls and correspondence from citizens in a professional and courteous manner. The Parking Enforcement Customer Service Representative receives all incoming ticket and enforcement specific inquiries and adjudication dispute requests; they will review the information available at the time of ticket issuance; identify the evidence requirements based on thealleged bylaw off ence; compile the evidence requirements based on the alleged bylaw off ence; compile the evidence through discussions with the citizens as well as the issuing offi cers (Parking Enforcement or VPD); confirm or cancelparking tickets based on the evidence collected and the city’s cancellation policy (Screening Offi cer Policy); prepare written reports that clearly, concisely, and accurately summarize the evidence gathered, their findings and theirdecisions; respond, as required, to the queries from independent adjudicators during the adjudication hearings' and logall enforcement related complaints.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by relevant business related and or computer courses
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in customer service, public relations and/or customer phone support or anequivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Experience working in the public sector, preferably municipal, or service environment, and completion of by lawcourses through the Justice Institute of BC are considered assets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable parking related by laws, provincial legislation regarding bylaw adjudication, applicable City policies and processes, and the adjudication process.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office; proficiency in software applications such as Hansen,Tempest, Command Center, Amanda, PaybyPhone, Sentinel and any other applicable to the work performed,and the ability to type 40 wpm.
- Effective customer service skills in order to tactfully and respectfully convey information and decisions to the public in a clear manner.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, investigative, problem solving skills and creative thinking techniques tohandle difficult situations in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal with a strong knowledge of business English is required.
- Ability to condense large amounts of information into concise, accurate, and easy to understand reports.
- Ability to assemble material (evidence packages) by locating, compiling, and summarizing relevant information into computerized ticketing systems.
- Ability to ask probing questions and conduct research.
- Ability to make objective and impartial decisions while exercising tact, diplomacy, and excellent judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment, handling a large volume of incoming calls while adhering tostrict time lines for completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff , as well as theability to work eff ectively as a team member
The City of Vancouver has a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy. All external applicants applying to the City ofVancouver are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and subject to this policy as a condition of ongoingemployment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for anaccommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must bemade during, not after, the recruitment process.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: October 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $29.13 to $34.23 per hour
Positions Available: 2
Application Close: September 18, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we soproudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities areencouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answeringapplication questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include atailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.