|Office Support Clerk III - Branch Support|
Office Support Clerk III - Branch Support
Company : Vancover Police Department
Salary : $26.87 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Office Support Clerk III - Branch SupportRequisition ID: 36805
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The incumbent will provide a wide variety of administrative and clerical support functions for Engineering Team Services, Neighbourhood Energy & Utility Branch and the rest of the Engineering Services Department. This position is responsible for time entry, providing backup assistance to the Procurement Clerk, managing a records project through the Records Management team and acting as a department resource when clerical issues arise.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
The position reports to the Team Services’ Branch Manager and Administrative Supervisor. Additionally, the role involves communicating with individuals across all levels of the administration within the Engineering Services Department and Corporate Records Department.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting staff and engaging in projects that help staff increase their daily use of VanDocs, determining VanRims classifications, scanning and importing a variety of documents and files for hard copy and electronic storage using the corporate VanRims classifications.
- Provide VanDocs orientations, and assisting staff with VanDocs program or VanRims classification questions. Be a VanDocs Super User for the Engineering Services Department.
- Retrieving information from paper, electronic or film based files; assisting in the scheduling and transferring of records off site and requesting file searches from external sources.
- Operate small and large format scanners, as well as being point of contact with the supplier for these devices when issues arise.
- Quality checking scans and colleagues’ projects, including ensuring the standard naming convention is adhered to and the quality of the scans meets Corporate Records standards.
- Assist with maintaining the Department’s SharePoint home page, as well as marking the training exercises for employees seeking End User and Power User access within SharePoint.
- Provide Building Safety Orientations to new staff as per the WorkSafe BC regulation and update the information with the OHS team.
- Data entry of employee’s time, understanding the CUPE 15 Collective Agreement as it related to time off, creating attendance reports, checking other clerk’s time entry reports, creating eSafs and eCafs, and looking up employee’s quota banks.
- Providing back up to the branch’s Procurement Clerk position; creating shopping carts, processing service entries and goods receipts, and coding/approving workflows as required.
- Assisting with the delivery, storage and distribution of office supplies and mail within the building as necessary.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, preferably supplemented by standard commercial course such as Microsoft Office Suite and/or Records Management Programs.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive understanding of the VanRims classification system.
- Experience working with standard records management systems, such as VanDocs.
- Experience working with scanning software and equipment.
- Experience as a Departmental Records Coordinator would be considered an asset.
- Experience processing a large volume of work with sustained accuracy and speed while handling considerable interruptions.
- General understanding of the organizational structure and various roles and responsibilities of the Engineering Services Department would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the City of Vancouver’s Archives Department, what they are responsible for, and the ability to navigate their website.
- Working knowledge of P2P functions in SAP and/or time entry is considered an asset.
- Ability to comprehend thoughts and requests in written format is critical to the successful operation of the office systems.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment with frequent interruptions and changing processes and priorities.
- Proven ability to receive detailed direction from Supervisor and carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to independently perform office support functions of moderate complexity, prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise with all levels of staff.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to use Quickfind and VanMap is preferred.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: October, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: September 25, 2022
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : Experience an asset