|Medical Office Assistant|
Medical Office Assistant
Company : MCI Onehealth Technologies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
MCI The Doctor's Office is one of Canada's largest primary medical care groups, with 25 clinics conveniently located across Ontario and Alberta.
MCI The Doctor's Office allows more than one million patients to access a vast, multidisciplinary group of medical doctors, specialists, healthcare practitioners and therapists, and related services.
A career with MCI The Doctor's Office is more than using your talent and experience to earn a living; it's about choosing a workplace where you can truly make a difference. Enjoy the autonomy of leading a clinic supported by a management group that is one of the best in the business. The clinic encompasses Walk-In Medical, Family Practice, Specialists, and virtual care services.
MCI The Doctor's Office currently has an opportunity for full-time Medical Office Assistant at our Midtown clinic, located at 1110 - 11 Avenue SW Calgary, AB T2R 0G4.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Medical Office Assistant supports the clinic providing exceptional customer service to patients, physicians and clinic team.
As a Medical Office Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling of outpatient and inpatient procedures,
- scheduling pre-assessment appointments,
- preparation of patient e-charts and e-filing as required
- Completing daily tasks and assignments.
- Proactively e-scanning documents into EMR.
- Process AHS, Private or third party billing
- Medical administration diploma from a post-secondary institution is an asset.
- Must have 1 – 2 years’ experience in an administrative assistant or similar role
- Experience in EMR-Accuro, AHS and 3rd party billing.
- Proven administrative experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Clinical Setting Background/Non-Hospital experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative model.
MCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Please advise via email if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.