|Manager,Government and National Accounts|
Manager,Government and National Accounts
Company : Global Industrial
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.
Penetrate, retain, and grow multi-site accounts with high MRO potential. Develop headquarters and site-specific relationships to drive contract compliance, expansion and to ensure Global Industrial becomes the organization’s primary MRO provider.
This role will negotiate profitable agreements, ensure the implementation and compliance to agreements both with customer and direct sales team. Lead relationships with Cooperative and GPO 3rd party partners. This leader is accountable for achieving sales goals through identified core business objectives. This role provides clear direction and leadership to all associates, internal and external business partners.
- Provide quality leadership and vision for internal business objectives.
- Develop and negotiate new agreements that position Global Industrial as a primary source MRO provider.
- Improve and/or maintain profitable growth with existing accounts by facilitating and securing new National Agreements.
- Own partnerships with 3rd party GPO and Cooperative organizations to gain new accounts with potential for National Agreements.
- Provide leadership in change management methodology throughout customer’s organization.
- Facilitates staff meetings, trainings, problem solving activities, creative improvement activities with team members.
- Proven ability to achieve corporate revenue and profitability quotas. Sets performance standards to meet outlined goals and objectives of the company.
- Lead a performance driven environment on all required core metrics.
- Manage a full sales cycle function including customer contact, solutions-based selling, needs identification, demonstration, proposal development and closing.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring contract/agreement performance KPI’s and patterns to ensure successful execution.
- Lead quarterly business review process with national accounts to ensure all agreed upon deliverables are being met.
- Review and monitor growth trends across customer base to maximize account penetration by identifying additional selling opportunities.
- Promote selling strategies around the cultivation of strong business relationships with primary decision makers.
- Coordinate with internal business partners to develop strategic sales plans, quarterly business reviews and execute stated goals.
We are looking specifically for people who have extensive experience with GPOs, setting them up, managing the relationships.
Competencies and skills
- BA/BS Degree with a minimum 5 years' related national account management experience
- Proven success in identifying, growing and retaining enterprise level accounts
- Ability to travel
- Ability to train, coach, and motivate internal and external business partners
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, negotiation, organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.