|Manager Service Delivery (YHZ)|
Manager Service Delivery (YHZ)
Company : Canadian Air Transport Security Authority
Salary : $82,357–$102,917 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has one (1) exciting fixed-term opportunity from November 7, 2022 to November 27, 2023 within the Operations branch at the Halifax International Airport (YHZ).
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthy and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, Service Delivery , the Manager, Service Delivery is responsible for managing the daily provision of security screening operations by Service Contractors (SCs) in accordance with all applicable aviation transport security regulations and in close collaboration with all key stakeholder representatives at the assigned airport(s) within a defined region. The Manager, Service Delivery performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in administration, logistics, social science or another specialty relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of six (6) years of operational experience including liaising, developing collaborative working relations and establishing communication links with various external stakeholders within the industry;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience conducting inspections or monitoring in a highly regulated environment where compliance to operating standards and procedures is critical;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience writing reports and giving recommendations to management;
- Ability to use a variety of software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and mobile devices.
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Effective communication skills (both orally and in writing) in conveying operating standards and procedures;
- Ability to impact and influence others;
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and stress;
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new concepts;
- Skilled in developing creative and effective learning solutions;
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Sound judgment.
Valuable skills include:
- Exposure to unionized work environments;
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and the related regulatory and security issues;
- Knowledge of CATSA's mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation impacting CATSA.
Specific work requirements
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Ability to be on call as required;
- Ability to work shifts based on a 7 days per week, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year work schedule;
- Language Profile: English;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before October 5, 2022 by 11:59pm EST.
- Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
- While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
- CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications;
CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.
Inclusion & Diversity
As an employer committed to a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates in designated groups - women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities - to apply and self-identify by answering the questions on the online application form.