|Junior Air & Noise Assistant|
Junior Air & Noise Assistant
Company : R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited (Burnside) has an opening for a Junior Air & Noise Specialist to join our Air & Noise Group. This position will work out of our Pickering, ON Office and will report to the Manager, Air & Noise.
We encourage applications from recent graduates or students with relevant work term experience, existing skills or an interest in air quality, air emissions or acoustics/noise.
The Air & Noise Group at Burnside consists of chemical engineers, technicians, and environmental Air Compliance Specialists who contribute a broad range of experience in providing solutions to project challenges. The group undertakes work for a variety of clients including municipalities, private sector, indigenous communities, government agencies and non-governmental organizations involved in land development, golf and tourism, agriculture, industry, energy generation, transportation and food manufacturing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop in a career in environmental sciences by joining a dynamic team that takes on challenging projects and provides excellent rewards and benefits in return.
The position involves providing assistance to Project Managers, Professional Engineers and technical staff on a variety of projects.
More specifically, the position will involve carrying out the following duties;
- Field measurements/data collection, including working on the roof of a building;
- Data entry and management;
- Computation and data assessment using MS Excel;
- Drafting and production of reports and permit applications;
- Build and run simulation models using AERMOD and Predictor; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Knowledge & Qualifications
Qualified candidates will have:
- Degree in Chemistry (Air Quality), or a degree in Physics (Noise);
- An interest in air dispersion modeling and/or noise impact assessments;
- Attention to detail, high personal quality expectation, a mathematical aptitude and an in depth understanding of Microsoft Excel;
- Preference for chemistry and interest in numbers (dealing with CAS numbers) (Air Quailty);
- Preference for physics of noise propagation (Noise);
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere;
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks; and
- Ability to function in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary consulting environment.
Qualified candidates should have:
- High degree of problem solving and decision making skills;
- Rudimentary knowledge of AutoCAD and/or QGIS; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
Why Choose Burnside?
Are you interested in working for an employer with a 5-decade track record of building a great reputation both internally with their staff and externally with their clients? The Burnside team is a family of colleagues that work together to provide value and service to our clients, while extending care to each other. We know that our employees are our greatest asset, and thus we strive to provide a positive work/life balance.
- A collaborative culture where friendship, honesty and respect are part of our core values and practices
- Flexible working hours and office locations, including hybrid working opportunities
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- RSP company matching plan
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Potential for performance-driven profit sharing
- Recruiting bonus / finder’s fee for referrals
- Wellbeing benefit
- Active social committees
- A welcoming, positive, and inclusive work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity in the workplace and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates. Burnside will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the entire recruitment, assessment, and selection process, as required. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation during these processes, please contact our Human Resources department.
Company Profile – More about us:
Founded in 1970, R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited is a growing values-driven employee-owned multidiscipline engineering and environmental consulting firm with over 350 staff. Our consistent commitment towards investing in technology advancements and training, in addition to encouraging and promoting professional development, has enabled our firm to meet our ongoing and stated goal of continual improvement.
We actively seek to develop relationships with a broad and diversified client base in the Public, Private, Indigenous, and International sectors. We work on a variety of projects throughout Canada, with nine office locations in Ontario and one in Manitoba.
Burnside has expertise in many technical disciplines including air and noise, asset management, buildings, environmental planning and ecology, GIS, hydrogeology, land development, landscape architecture, municipal drainage and peer review, solid waste, stormwater management, structures, transportation planning and design, transit, water and wastewater and well drilling & diagnostics.