Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Location: This position will be based in our Saskatoon office.
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With more than $20 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2021 Brokerage Report Card
Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for an Investment Associate to join Harvey Morrison Private Wealth in Saskatoon.
Reporting to the Investment Advisors, the Investment Associate acts as a resource person for clients and assists the Investment Advisors with administrative tasks and transaction processing related to managing client accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in preparing advisors for client meetings, including preparation of account opening documentation, product research, etc.
- Account processing (converting RRSP to RRIF, setting up RRIF payments, estates, beneficiary updates, etc.).
- Processing a variety of transactions (ex: issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers).
- Processing unsolicited trades and providing quotes.
- Taking the lead on team or client projects.
- Researching industry related information from a variety of sources as requested by Advisor.
- Keeping abreast of policy and procedure changes within the firm and industry.
- Committed to rigorous follow up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and minimization of errors.
- Maintaining client files, ensuring that all documentation and notes are compliant with industry regulations.
- Acting as a resource person for clients (ex: generating specialized reports, questions about specific products).
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
- A minimum of three years’ industry experience, preferably in an administrative or operational capacity.
- Registration as an IR or RR with IIROC.
- A professional designation such as PFP or CFP is considered an asset.
- A commitment to fulfilling Continuing Education requirements.
- A demonstrated ability to independently prioritize and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attitude and commitment to providing extraordinary service.
- A proven ability to independently identify problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements; stay up to date on all processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- A reliable, consistent work ethic.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Current and maintained registration as an IR or RR, including completion of all courses and experience requirements, with IIROC with the ongoing requirement to fulfill Continuing Education requirements.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.