Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Location: This position will be based in our Winnipeg office.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With approximately $20 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2022 Brokerage Report Card
Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for an IR Licensed Investment Associate to join a large, dynamic, well-established team that is quickly growing in our Winnipeg head office.
Reporting to the Senior Investment Advisor, the Investment Associate's primary role is to provide support for the Advisors with administrative tasks related to managing client accounts while acting as a resource for clients and the team. The Investment Associate will further support the Advisors with trade / transaction processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in preparing Advisors for client meetings, including preparation of agendas, account opening documentation, client profile details, performance & portfolio reports, etc.
- Completing any account processing (open new accounts, update existing accounts, converting RRSP to RRIF, setting up any payments, estates processing, beneficiary updates, etc.).
- Processing a variety of transactions (ex: issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers).
- Processing unsolicited trades and providing quotes, entering orders provided by the Advisor(s).
- Researching industry-related information from a variety of sources as requested by the Advisor.
- Committing to rigorous follow up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and very minimal errors.
- Acting as a general resource person for clients (ex: any client support, printing statements, tax slips, online access assistance).
- Having a strong understanding of the firm’s procedures and policies, keeping abreast of policy and procedure changes within the firm and industry.
- Maintaining client files, ensuring that all documentation and notes are compliant with industry regulations.
- Independently and proactively completing general administrative tasks (ex: prepare letters, client communication pieces, etc.).
- Attending client events within or outside of traditional business hours.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree or diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
- A minimum of three years’ industry experience, preferably in an administrative or operational capacity.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- A demonstrated, reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements.
- A customer-focused attitude with a commitment to providing extraordinary service to high-net-worth clients.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Current and maintained registration as an IR, including completion of all courses and experience requirements, with IIROC with the ongoing requirement to fulfill Continuing Education requirements.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.