New Job Intermediate Secretary In Alberta
Company : City of Cold Lake
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Infrastructure Services Intermediate Secretary
With a population of approximately 15,800, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
The City of Cold Lake is seeking a qualified individual to fill the permanent, full-time position of Intermediate Secretary with the Department of Infrastructure Services.
Reporting to the General Manager of Infrastructure Services, the Intermediate Secretary is responsible for administrative support functions for the Infrastructure Services Department. Based on established guidelines and policies, this role serves as a front line contact in providing information and resolving issues from the public and Managers, dealing with questions, and the administration of processes and policies. This position works with multiple systems and all departments and deals with highly confidential and sensitive information on a daily basis. The functions of this position include the handling of public inquiries, administrative duties such as drafting policies, contracts, communication and participation in the day-to-day functions within various departments. The greatest challenge of this job is to successfully manage multiple projects with extremely tight, inflexible deadlines, with frequent interruptions. The incumbent must be able to remain open-minded and positive, while having the ability to adapt to changes on the basis of new information or direction and also be trustworthy, be able to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information and display exemplary attention to detail. The incumbent will be required to attend occasional department related evening meetings.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a two year program in Administration or a related field;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in an advanced Administrative role is required, preference will be given to candidates with advanced Administrative role in a Municipality or Government;
- Experience working for a Board, Council, or Commission is an asset;
- FOIP certification and electronic records management experience is desired;
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license is required, and a Criminal Record check may be required;
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills, as well as strong customer service skills and a keen interest in assisting others is required;
- Exceptional computer skills are a necessity, with strong preference given to applicants with experience in SharePoint;
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment;
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
Interested candidates, please submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience. Please include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications, and copies of any relevant certifications. The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. This competition will remain open until October 9, 2022.
Preferred Certificates :
- CLASS 5 DRIVERS LICENSE
- POST SECONDARY EDUCATION