|Fund Accountant - HFX|
Fund Accountant - HFX
Company : SS&C
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Technologies Inc.
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
We have an immediate opening for a Fund Accountant in our Halifax Location at 36 Solutions Drive.
- Posting journal entries to complete required reporting
- Preparing and reviewing entries to performance system
- Preparing and reviewing cash and investment position reconciliations
- Preparing and review accurate and timely Net Asset Valuation packages
- Preparing and review quarterly and annual financial statements and partners’ capital statements
- Preparing and review income and incentive/performance allocation calculations (waterfall model)
- Preparing and review of capital call and distribution notices
- Communicate and responds to Client/ LP/Audit requests
- Other general duties as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Experience within the fund administration industry (private equity fund administration background a plus)
- Good understanding of GAAP accounting for investment funds
- Good understanding of private equity fund administration in terms of capital call, distribution, waterfall calculation
- Being a Team Player with a positive attitude
- Strong Communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient with Advent Products, Bloomberg and Microsoft Office Products
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- A CPA candidate or designation is a plus
Working at SS&C is balanced and fair – especially in challenging times. We offer flexible work schedules, time off, and so much more to keep you healthy, safe, and productive. SS&C offers:
- Hybrid Schedule featuring 4-6 days in the office monthly combined with working from home
- Competitive base salary plus EXCELLENT benefits (including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and more)!
- RRSP Matching Program
- Global Flexible Time Off Policy (personal/vacation time)
- Sick Leave Policy
- Eligible for performance-based bonus program three times per year.
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up to 100%
- Candidate Referral Program
- Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
SS&C Technologies Canada Corp. fosters a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact: [email protected]
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.