|Food & Beverage Operations Manager|
Food & Beverage Operations Manager
Company : Sun Peaks Resort LLP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
The Food & Beverage Operations Manager is a hard-working, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual who assists the Food & Beverage Director in overseeing the daily operations of the various Sun Peaks Resort outlets. We are looking for a strong candidate who can multitask, problem solve and think on the fly. Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world. If this sounds like the ideal career environment, fill out an application to work, live and play where you belong.
- Conduct training and orientation along with HR support to set up new managers and team members for success
- Work with key suppliers and partners to ensure purchasing and inventory management is managed to provide the highest quality and best COGS
- Ensure safety and hygiene guidelines are followed
- Oversee all Shipping/Receiving processes for both SPR and SPG
- Provide hands-on leadership and direction to a wide variety of positions.
- Work with leaders to manage daily and weekly labour costs and ensure pro-active decisions are made to achieve expectations on daily and weekly targets.
- Responsible for leading a team of supervisors and front-line staff, including onboarding, training, and coaching.
- Assist in talent development, succession, performance evaluation, performance management, and ongoing performance feedback for employees.
- Administrative duties, including financial reporting to the Director of F&B, Performance Management, and the inventory process management
- Assist in creating and executing business initiatives directed by F&B departmental leadership.
- Leads a safety culture, ensuring that all safety training is delivered, completed, and tracked for all team members. Participates in all company-wide safety initiatives and is accountable to all safety metrics
- This person is a steward of the environment and takes ownership of Sun Peaks’ ongoing environmental initiatives providing company-wide leadership for the network.
- Supports and delivers partner and strategic alliance relationships in their business.
- Deliver and lead a culture of epic guest service, resolve any guest issues or complaints and is accountable for Guest Survey and Net Promoter scores.
- Recognizes, captures, enhances and carries the collective energy in their business unit around operations and/ or ideas from the planning stage to the execution stage. It recognizes staff on the spot for exemplifying this behaviour and is empathetic to their personal needs.
- Views all aspects of the department through the eyes of a guest and deals with cleanliness that contravenes basic standards. Cannot walk by garbage, unsightly areas, and uniforms or objects without providing or arranging immediate needed attention. Coaches others around to do the same.
- Masa’s Bar and Grill – Lunch/Après Restaurant in the base area (open year-round)
- Café Soleil – Grab and Go coffee shop in the base area (open year-round)
- The Annex – Day skier facility with full bar and kitchen offering located in the base area (winter operation only with some private events in the summer)
- Sunburst Lodge – Day skier facility with full bar and kitchen offering located in the Alpine (operates summer and winter)
- Umbrella Café – European-inspired café located in the East Village (open winter and summer)
- A minimum of 3 years of restaurant management experience is required, ideally within a fast-paced, growing, quick-service restaurant (QSR) concept or fast casual environment.
- Strong experience managing multiple restaurant units is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and growth of staff and management.
- Have a working knowledge of hiring, training, developing, budgeting, and inventory.
- Must have the ability to read and understand P&L.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred.
- A good leader and motivator with a can-do attitude
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Positive working attitudes and independent leadership as well as collaborative
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
- Focused on delivering results at the highest quality possible
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have B.C. Serving it Right
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Resort culture encourages individual initiative and a collaborative approach to delivering our guests' finest mountain resort experience. We value innovation and development that contribute to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in a resort and the mountain’s summer and winter activities.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits our Full-Time employees enjoy:
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Dining discounts within our hotel & resort outlets
- Benefits plan and additional wellness components, including Health Spending Account and EFAP
- Eligibility for our ‘Pay for Performance’ incentive bonus program (after the qualifying period), awarded to our top performers
- Participation in the RRSP and matching DPSP programs
- Retail discounts in Resort owned outlets
- Reciprocal programs with partnering resorts & hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
Every year we welcome guests and employees to our resort from various backgrounds, and we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce at Sun Peaks Resort. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.