|Drivers (Secure Transport Operators) - CLASS 1|
Drivers (Secure Transport Operators) - CLASS 1
Company : VEXSL
Salary : $72,000–$80,000 a year
Location : British Columbia
POSITION TITLE: Driver (Secure Transport Operator) CLASS 1
- KELOWNA, BC,
- ABBOTSFORD, BC
- EDMONTON, AB,
- HAMILTON, ON
WHO WE ARE - COMPANY/CULTURE:
- The company: Veteran Express Secure Logistics - VEXSL
- Values/Culture: Values/Culture: Veteran Express Secure Logistics (VEXSL) is a veteran-owned and operated secure-supply-chain logistics company that offers physical & digital protection and a complete chain of custody in the end-to-end transport, storage and warehousing of climate-sensitive, high-risk and high-value controlled goods. Comprised of Veterans and First Responders, the VEXSL’s culture is one of teamwork, loyalty, professionalism, and commitment to the goals of the organizations.
As a Secure Transport Operator (STO) your role is to ensure the safe, secure and professional transport of climate sensitive high value and high risk products, which may include currencies, pharmaceuticals, cannabis, and contribute to the overall security of VEXSL’s operations and its clients interests.
The daily responsibilities for the Driver (STO) may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Perform pre-trip, post-trip inspections, preventative maintenance checks and general maintenance on the vehicle
- Assist in loading and unloading of the goods or equipment and ensure safe movement of delivery via assigned routes.
- Operate an armoured vehicle in a safe manner; knowledge of defensive driving
- maintain vigilance to ensure proactive risk management to ensure the safety of yourself, your co-workers and the general public
- Complete daily route records; maintain correct Hours of Service and track inventory; ensure that all necessary documentation with respect to freight is filled and submitted correctly
- Engaging with customers during pick-up and delivery
- Safe operation of the vehicle.
- Other duties as required.
- A valid Class 1 driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Airbrake certification Class 1
- RPAL required
- Minimum 1 year commercial driving experience; long/short haul transport experience an asset; pick-up delivery experience an asset
- The ideal candidate has experience within one of the following industries – Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport, Security, Warehousing, Armoured Vehicle, Military, First Responders, or other related private company enterprise experience.
- Willingness and ability to be trained in Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level C – is an asset
- Capable of pushing, pulling and lifting loads of at least 50lbs
- In British Columbia specifically, a provincial security guard licence or willingness to get one, is required
- Clean criminal record check OR THE ABILITY to get one.
- Authorized to work in Canada
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skilled at driving on all terrains - specifically, mountainous, winding roads in BC.
- Being able to work effectively within an entrepreneurial environment
- Professional, proactive and driven
- Possess outstanding surveillance and observation skills, and can successfully perform in such environment.
- Thorough and eager to work in a fast-paced environment where timelines play an important role in success
- Committed to performing your job with safety in mind
- Computer aptitude and managerial administration experience.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to take direction while also being a self-starter
- Warehouse style facilities
- Driving commercial vehicle
- Always driving with a passenger
- Monday to Friday, with overnights and weekends as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $72,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday