Company : City of Mississauga
Salary : $56,653–$75,540 a year
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 09/19/2022
Under the direction of the Manager, Operational Planning and Analysis, the successful candidate will provide contract administration to the Parks and Forestry teams, supporting team projects and procurement needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the research and development of contract specifications related to all vehicle and equipment acquisitions and the development of supplier requirements for a vast array of materials, supplies and services in accordance with Corporate Standards.
- Liaise with Contract Managers, Procurement Services and vendors while ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures and the Purchasing By-law.
- Assist in preparation of tender schedule and circulate to all key stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date files on contracts and provides information on progress of contracts to both internal and external inquiries.
- Maintain database of Parks and Forestry agreements.
- Monitor and track purchase orders and blanket orders for the supply of goods and services.
- Ensure required documents are up to date (i.e. certificates of insurance and WSIB).
- Review, verify and assign invoices using SAP Concur.
- Work with internal and external staff relating to questions or inquiries on payments and contract administration.
- Responsible for completing all tasks related to payroll for Parks and Forestry staff.
- Input and review Time and Labour hours on a bi-weekly basis ensuring attendance information is accurate.
- Prepare Time and Labour Reports for Parks, Forestry and Environment.
- Upload the Weekly Revenue Reports using Winshuttle.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Business /Accounting or related ﬁeld is required.
- Principles of Effective Public Purchasing Certificate or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience with administration of contract documents, procurement services and accounts payable/receivable processes or equivalent.
- Experience with administration of contracts.
- Superior customer service and conﬂict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing tasks.
- Proﬁcient with MS Oﬃce, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with INFOR Public Sector Application Software and SAP.
- Proven ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders, including internal staﬀ, contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) skills are required, Demonstrated ability for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to eﬀectively work independently and in a team environment.
Hours of Work: 35 hours
Work Location: 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Parks, Forestry & Environment , Parks Operations
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.