|Client Service Associate|
Client Service Associate
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Requisition ID: 157475
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Client Service Associate is responsible for providing sales, administrative and operational support to assist Financial Consultants & Portfolio Managers in maintaining high standards for all clients.
Duties & Responsibilities: (What you will do)
Sales & Service Support:
- Provide service and sales support to Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers including contact management and opportunity management
- Respond effectively to all inquiries from current and prospective clients concerning MD products and services
- Use your knowledge about products & services to identify opportunities and anticipate client needs
- Process trade requests and ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- Process documentation requests and input transaction requests as required
- Work with other lines of business to arrange mutual client contact strategies
- Establish and maintain a client contact plan to ensure all existing clients are contacted regularly and that Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers in-house and road-trip schedules are full.
- Respond to last minute requests from advisor during client meetings
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Maintain a follow-up system for inquiries, complaints and problem resolution, ensuring that established MD service standards are being met in a timely matter
- Provide expertise, support and participate in the research of complex client issues
- Completed file preparation for the Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers in advance of all client meetings, as required
- Prepare and process new account documentation as required
- Update database for all client contact, ensuring that all client information and notes are recorded correctly
- Maintain monthly compliance related tasks as required
- Liaise with accountants and third parties, as required
- Prepare business correspondence to clients and third parties
- Keep current of marketing initiatives
- Participate in short-term and ongoing projects as required
- Provide Reception coverage as required
- General office duties as required
Education & Experience: (What you need)
- A university or college graduate, preferably with a business/financial background
- Thorough understanding of the financial services industry and rules regarding Estates, Trusts, RESPs, RRSPs/RRIFs, TFSAs and non-registered investments and applicable tax-related issues
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry
- Must be IR licensed with IIROC
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and its applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Working knowledge of CRM2
Competency Requirements: (What you bring)
- Dedication to client service
- Strong organizational stills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated pro-activity and initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage change
- French is an asset
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.