New Job Clerk B - Commercial Inspections/Occupancy In Manitoba
|Clerk B - Commercial Inspections/Occupancy|
Clerk B - Commercial Inspections/Occupancy
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Clerk C, the Clerk B is responsible for providing customer service both in person and over the telephone as well as providing general clerical support to the Commercial inspections Branch. Based on operational requirements, duties will vary and may include processing inspections or occupancy requests, occupancy inspection reports, occupancy-related invoices, occupancy permits data entry and other assignments consistent with the classification. The position requires a strong team player to work with the staff to ensure support and collaboration.
As the Clerk B, you will:
- Process occupancy requests, inspection reports, invoices and permits.
- Respond to internal/external customer enquiries and ensure notification to appropriate staff.
- Process commercial inspections requests.
- Perform miscellaneous duties.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or G.E.D or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience providing administrative support including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Experience with MS Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, internal and external stakeholders.
- Well written communication skills including correspondence with customers and completing reports.
- Ability to type accurately at 20 w.p.m.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision, and handle a variety of assignments as necessary.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented