New Job Child And Youth Care Worker With Blue Sky Family Care In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Child and Youth Care Worker with Blue sky Family Care|
Child and Youth Care Worker with Blue sky Family Care
Company : Seafair Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
About Blue Sky:
Blue sky is an organization dedicated to helping children and youth. Based in Newfoundland and Labrador, we are constantly evolving to provide specialized care services in support of children and families. At Blue sky children and young people are supported and nurtured with daily programming that incorporates educational, social, recreation and leisure activities for the children and youth in our care. Blue sky is fully certified as a CARE agency by Cornell University and we were also the first organization in Newfoundland and Labrador to be accredited by CARF for our residential care programs. Through all the programmatic elements, from the reporting system to the supervision model, the overarching theme of being child centered is clear and consistent in our organization.
CASUAL/RELIEF POSITIONS AND PART-TIME LEADING TO FULL-TIME POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE
Put your passion and enthusiasm to work as an agent of change for children and youth in care. As a Child and Youth Care Worker, you play an integral role in fostering and encouraging a compassionate environment for children and youth experiencing challenges. You are responsible for engaging in child/youth activities including recreational outings, managing behaviours, and assisting in the development of healthy life and social skills. Working collaboratively with families is crucial to your success in this role. As an influential role model, you build effective relationships with children and youth, based on trust and open communication, to prepare them for the future and provide quality care in a comfortable environment.
Reporting to the assigned Residential/Program Manager, the Child and Youth Care Worker provides a home like environment for children/youth in care and follows the written plan of care as developed by the Program Management Team, while providing safe and supportive care to children, youth, and families. This care may be provided in a variety of community home or residential care settings. A Child Youth Care Worker must have excellent decision making and problem-solving skills; must be caring and enjoy working with others; have a good work ethic; possess a positive attitude; be a supporting team member; and can build positive relationships with the children in our care.
The CYCW is responsible for:
- Participating and contributing to the plan of care for each child/youth
- Following behavioural support and intervention guidelines including crisis intervention and related documentation
- Communicating and engaging with the child/youth in an appropriate manner
- Communicating effectively with families, Social Workers, and co-workers in a professional manner
- Planning and supervising recreational and community activities
- Maintaining schedule and transportation of child/youth to medical, dental, and other necessary appointments
- Assisting in the day to day management of the home including household routines, chores, and meal preparation
- Attending and participating in staff meetings and employer provided training
- Reporting and documenting incidents using the appropriate forms and communication
- Post-secondary education in the field of child and youth care or other relevant discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience working with children and youth from trauma or with various complex needs is considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Current Record of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Children, Seniors and Social Development (CSSD) Record Check
- Driver’s License
Not quite there? Blue Sky provides Employment Training in:
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training (TCI)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, with a mixture of days, nights, and weekends; with a rotational schedule
- Ability to work in a variety of work locations
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
Ranges from $17.63 - $19.83 per hour as per collective agreement
- This is a unionized position with NL Association of Public and Private Employees
Visit us online at www.blueskyfamilycare.com to learn more or apply! If you have any other questions please contact us at [email protected]
Thank you to all of those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Blue sky is an equal opportunity employer.