|Branch Administrative Assistant and Operations Agent|
Branch Administrative Assistant and Operations Agent
Company : National Bank of Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Primary Locations: Calgary, Alberta
Employee Status: Regular
Private Banking 1859 is part of the National Bank of Canada, headquartered in Quebec. Its boutique approach is unique in that it serves ultra-high net worth clients with personal banking and business needs as well as wealth management, estate and tax planning.
We strive to provide red carpet experience to all our clients and therefore look to attract professional candidates who are dedicated to the highest standards of customer service.
As a Branch Administrative Assistant and Operations Agent, you ensure that the branch's daily operations such as account management, fund management, receiving and delivering securities to/from clients, and managing correspondence run smoothly.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Acts as a contact person in resolving operational and relational issues for all branch staff
- Carries out cost control activities for the branch that have been delegated by the manager customer service, and promotes good business practices
- Completes forms and makes sure that all branch employees' logistical needs are met when they start and leave
- Takes charge of first-level IT and telecommunications support for branch personnel
- Answers phone calls at the reception desk, welcomes clients and directs them to the appropriate employee
- Organizes and manages client meeting room schedules
- Coordinates meetings (breakfast meetings, conferences with internal and external stakeholders)
- Performs more complex operational tasks daily
- Every day, makes sure that administrative policies and procedures, as well as any communications from Head Office addressed to branch personnel are distributed, understood and complied with
- Makes sure that the premises and a quality work environment are maintained by liaising with suppliers, maintaining the inventory of stationery and office supplies, and making sure that office equipment is functional
- Provide clients with services that can meet their needs
- Ability to work closely with affluent and influential clientele while displaying a high degree of poise and professionalism
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment through strong administration, organizational, planning, and time management skills
This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager of Client Services, Private Banking 1859.
The branch is open two evenings a week and on Saturdays. A number of work schedules are possible and will vary depending on team availability.
This position requires you to be present in the workplace in order to fulfil client and operational needs. We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
Want to learn more about the position? Feel free to contact the manager.
- College diploma in administrative technology or office technology and 3 years' experience in the brokerage industry (sales or operations)
- Organizational and priority management skills
- Good communication, leadership, initiative and ability to work independently
- Very good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and IT systems used in branches
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools such as Microsoft Teams, Yammer and SharePoint
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- Have a good command of spoken and written English and French (required or an asset, depending on the region)
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- A beautiful office located in the heart of downtown
- Management that supports your work and progression
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment, where everyone’s contribution is recognized and rewarded
- A growing team of highly specialized professionals in the industry, ready to provide mentorship
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first : (Insert this paragraph in your EXTERNAL and INTERNAL posting):
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?