New Job Assurance Manager, Ey Private In British Columbia
|Assurance Manager, EY Private|
Assurance Manager, EY Private
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of the EY Private Client Services team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will focus exclusively on helping business owners and entrepreneurs take advantage of opportunities and address challenges unique to private companies. You will offer hands on personalized service of a boutique style firm coupled with the breadth of service offerings and brandy only a local network can provide.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and establish expectations of value to be delivered.
- Participate in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Review of corporate tax returns; identify and propose solutions to corporate tax issues.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Delegate work successfully and conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- Post-graduate diploma or degree in Accounting preferred
- Canadian CPA designation or equivalent reciprocal designation, or currently completing the Canadian CPA designation
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in an accounting firm
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Ability to speak, read, and write in French is preferred.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.