New Job Asset Recovery Specialist In Quebec
|Asset Recovery Specialist|
Asset Recovery Specialist
Company : Vault Credit Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Who we are:
Vault is a non-bank owned private lending company offering a wide array of financial services such as mortgages, business loans, equipment leasing as well as many other lending products. Vault has a devoted team of experts with years of experience in both financial services and real estate. We deliver products and services that meet our borrowers' diverse needs quicker and easier than any traditional sources!
Who you are:
The successful candid responsibilities of this job, required work experience, skills, or education.
ate: You are a passionate and motivated by the success of recovering assets on defaulted finance agreements and achieving solid recoveries on the sale of the assets. You are also empowered to develop and share efficient processes which will support asset recovery techniques . In addition, you will resolve bad debt through various negotiation techniques and skip tracing efforts, work with bailiffs, research the fair market value of an asset and understand the debtor’s financial situation to foster sound decisions being made on the recovery. A team player who believes in the relentless pursuit of excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist on accounts received for repossession to third party repossession companies as approved by the company.
- Assist the repossession department with communication with customers that want to pay to avoid repossession.
- Send notifications to customers regarding (Notice of Sale) the sale of the asset.
- Calculate deficiency balance once the sale proceeds have been received and sent deficiency letters on a timely manner
- Contact customers/insurance brokers to obtain insurance renewals and contact customers upon receipt of an insurance cancellation.
- Assist with all assigned accounts that are not in repossession through daily calls, letters, monitoring ACH transactions, etc.
- Negotiate pay off balances, settlements, or payment arrangements on past due and charged off accounts.
- Identify accounts which need to become non-accrual or charged-off early.
- Locate lessee through various skip tracing techniques
- Analyze lessee’s financial information by reviewing credit bureau reporting.
- Overcome lessee’s stalls and objections and suggest money sources for debt payment.
- Answer and respond to all incoming calls on assigned queues.
- Maintain daily and monthly performance standards set by management.
- Meet weekly with collections team to review accounts and progress.
- Maintain and update accurate account records, including accurate notes in Lease Plus/Aspire for every account activity or conversation held.
- Monitor payment arrangements placed by the Litigations Manager
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- High School diploma or GED required, plus a minimum of four (4) years collections experience in a commercial/consumer industry, preferably with past due accounts of over thirty (30+) days.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel applications, email, and basic internet usage.
- Interpretation of consumer credit reports including Equifax
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to research and understand the different types of equipment in the market to stay informed when working with the repossession companies.
- Strong interpersonal/internal customer service skills.
- Ability to assess if equipment is cost effective to pursue.
- Ability to research the asset fair market value and cost of recovery
- Effectively control costs of recovery (transport, bailiff costs etc.)
- Ability to make judgment calls in a quick & timely fashion.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.