New Job Admission - Assessment Coordinator In Yukon
|Admission - Assessment Coordinator|
Admission - Assessment Coordinator
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $72,822–$84,463 a year
Location : Yukon
This is to fill one (.9) PERMANENT PART-TIME position working 67.5 hours biweekly.
This posting will also be used for Anticipatory Full time, Part Time, Permanent, Term and Auxiliary On-Call positions.
Continuing Care’s philosophy is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
The Mission of the Yukon Home Care Program is “To provide client-focused health services in the home, improving quality of life and supporting Yukoners to live independently”
Reporting to the Director, Care and Community, this position is responsible for assessment of client referrals into Continuing Care programs, performing standardized intake assessments and determining needs, determining the appropriate level of care, identifying risks and determining priorities of placement needs, and coordinating the admissions into the programs/services within Continuing Care, including primary case management up to the admission date.
For more information about job posting, please contact Kimberly Ponsioen at: [email protected] or at (867)332-7082
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Post Secondary degree (or diploma) as Social Worker in a registration in a Canadian regulatory authority, Registered Nurse (RN) with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority, an Occupational Therapist(OT) or a Physiotherapist(PT), Current registration with a Canadian physiotherapy or occupational therapist regulatory authority
- Experience working in a Health Care Environment.
- Experience with provision of home care and/or long term care services.
- Experience doing RAI-HC assessments will be an asset.
- Familiarity with the Care Consent Act and provision of “Capability to Consent to Care in a Care facility” assessments is an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate plans for clients with complex care needs
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict management and communication skills
- Ability to provide case management or care coordination in a larger health care system
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
Conditions of Employment: if the applicant is an RN current Canadian registration as a registered nurse with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association or as Physiotherapist with the Yukon Registrar of Physiotherapists, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist to have registration/ licensing, Vulnerable Sector RCMP security clearance, TB screening, CPR level C, WHMIS 2015 and a valid class 5 driver's licence.
Job Requirements: Exposure to animals, exposure to second hand smoke from clients/ residents, exposure to latex products, exposure to plants/flowers, travel within the territory