|Administrative Officer, Prairies Region, Commercial Distribution - Calgary|
Administrative Officer, Prairies Region, Commercial Distribution - Calgary
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 161648
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the Prairies Region, and overall support for the Prairies Commercial team.
1. Support the Area Vice President in day to day management of his schedule by:
- Establishing and co-ordinating calendars;
- Arranging /scheduling appointments on behalf of the AVP;
- Anticipating scheduling conflicts / problems and providing alternatives;
- Establishing and maintaining a BF system;
- Providing receptionist support by receiving / screening / referring incoming calls/visitors using a high degree of discretion;
- Acting on telephone / mail requests received in the AVP’s absence.
2. Organize meeting / conference facilities by:
- Assessing and seeking out the most appropriate venue for meetings / gatherings based on size / type and attendees;
- Arranging bookings for boardrooms / conference rooms;
- Arranging for equipment and materials for meetings;
- Meeting with outside providers of service (conference centres / hotels / caterers);
- Recommending on facility alternatives;
- Overseeing arrangements, ensuring smooth execution and assessing outcomes for future reference;
- Preparing invitations for sign off by the AVP;
- Tracking responses of meeting attendees, following up as appropriate;
- Booking travel arrangements, ensuring all requirements of AVP are met.
3. Support the Ontario Commercial team with correspondence by:
- Sorting and organizing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Dealing with correspondence as appropriate (responding, delivering, filtering);
- Composing correspondence for the AVP’s signature;
- Producing material from written copy / rough notes;
- Proofreading work /output against source documents;
- Monitoring / ordering / storing stationery supplies, including arranging for off-site storage and destruction of files / records;
- Setting up / maintaining filing systems.
4. Provide administrative support by:
- Verifying telephone bills/expense statements;
- Gathering statistical information, consolidating and presenting in organized formats and conducting simple analysis;
- Preparing and submitting reports.
5. Assist in maintaining the AVP / department’s expenses, budgets and other reporting by:
- Preparing entries / transactions and supporting documentation to process payments;
- Recording /inputting / documenting data to track, monitor and control expenses;
- Providing supporting information reports to management to support decisions;
- Producing statistical reports to assist in the budget processes.
- Compiling reporting of sales activities from the CRM system and various other spreadsheets.
- Preparing a quarterly report of the region’s activities for the VP & Head, Prairies Region.
- Assisting in preparation of a quarterly newsletter for regional staff.
- Other reporting and communication to the region as required.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
- Minimum 2 years of high level administrative support to senior management, teams and/or executives;
- Very articulate with strong verbal/written communication skills in English;
- Good PC skills, including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Email programs;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- High level of discretion required when dealing in confidential matters.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.