|Administrative Assistant - Halifax|
Administrative Assistant - Halifax
Company : triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. | Eastern College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Eastern College is actively hiring an Administrative Assistant to work at our Halifax Campus Part-Time.
The main purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to be the indisputable manager of first impressions. The demands placed on this position require that the employee be very friendly, confident and organized. One of the major purposes of this position is to provide a point of contact for all persons who visit or contact Eastern College ensuring that everyone feels good about their first impression. A great first impression is the cornerstone to a successful Admissions process.
- Manage and direct incoming telephone calls.
- Greet all visitors to the campus.
- Carry out campus opening and/or closing procedures if required.
- Provide support to Campus Director and Program Administrator.
- Provide administrative support to support daily campus operations.
- Manage and maintain stationary levels and consumables.
- Make calls to absent students on a daily basis as per the attendance policies and procedures.
- Maintains certificate board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum college diploma from a business related program.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a related occupation.
- 1-2 years of proven success in customer service is required.
- Computer literacy with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Experience with Contact Management Software.
- Knowledge of integrated telephone system.
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed.
Hours of Work:
This position is a part-time opportunity. The hours are 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
About Eastern College:
Eastern College is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Eastern Canada. At Eastern we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in Eastern College as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 12 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 30 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at Eastern College provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.