Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $43,462–$49,704 a year
Location : Manitoba
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness
Strategic Initiatives and Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 39876
Salary(s): AY3 $43,462.00 - $49,704.00 per year
Closing Date: October 2, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar term and regular positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
The Department of Mental Health and Community Wellness is seeking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience managing correspondence and maintaining filing and document/administrative tracking systems.
- Experience managing electronic calendar to schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills to draft, format and edit correspondence, letters, memos and reports.
- Strong verbal communication skills to clearly and professionally communicate with internal and external stakeholders in person and by phone.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Administrative Assistant certificate/diploma or post-secondary education in office/business administration.
- Experience in SAP software.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the operations of the Strategic Initiatives and Corporate Services Branch, and the department of Mental Health and Community Wellness as a whole. Duties of the position include office coordination; document tracking, prioritization and follow up; coordinating meetings, events and travel; drafting correspondence and reports; maintaining records and files, and liaising with all levels of the organization.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.