|Work Control Centre Clerk|
Work Control Centre Clerk
Company : City of Richmond BC
Salary : $29.36–$34.50 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Work Control Centre Clerk
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.
This position provides customer service, clerical and specialized computer support services to Facility Services staff and requires sound knowledge of the practices and procedures of Project Development and Facility Services Department and Public Works Operations.
Examples of key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general office administrative support, including answering calls and enquiries, mail distribution, transcribing minutes, department training liaison duties, and typing routine correspondence.
- Responsible for logging and coordinating all service requests and emergency calls.
- Provide communication between maintenance coordinators, vendors, trades and clients.
- Receive, track, prepare and process a high volume of invoices.
- Create, distribute and schedule work orders as required, including follow up and closing of work order once complete.
- Maintain field notes, reports and records.
- Produce and analyze specific reports for management and staff on request.
- Assist with departmental timekeeping and office supplies.
- Responsible for tracking the inventory, security and dispensing of keys for all city owned buildings.
- Responsible for maintaining project files, drawings, and manuals library of city buildings and their assets.
- Assist with staff credit card reconciliation.
- Other administrative duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, REDMS or a similar records management system, IPS, VFA, PeopleSoft HCM, and PeopleSoft Financials.
- Knowledge of timekeeping, multi-line telephone and asset management systems.
- High level of customer service skills and demonstrated ability working in a busy team environment.
- Knowledge of Facility Services programs and procedures is desirable.
- General knowledge of city buildings, layout and operations.
- Knowledge of building terminology including architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical.
- Knowledge of fire safety systems and their workings.
- Ability to learn new computer systems and programs required of the position.
- Ability to generate and review reports, verify account information and identify errors and duplications; providing accurate and effective results.
- Ability to remain calm under emergency situations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, within established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to identify gaps in procedures and effectively communicate recommendations to team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a Criminal Record Check.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by intermediate level computer courses in Microsoft Office applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years data entry experience in a busy office environment or call centre is desired, preferably in a municipal working environment OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and budget analysis is desirable.