Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch are demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for warehousing activities to support the project schedule and will assist with organizing freight, inventory cycle counts, return of surplus with the materials team. The Warehouse Coordinator ensures that activities are conducted in compliance with established procedures (leads the Materials Management Process Quality program for the site) and directs the actions to be taken by warehouse personnel to establish storage areas and to monitor the storage and control of equipment and materials from time to receipt until issued. They interface with construction for efficient operations of materials at site, including the coordination of arriving materials, coordination in the completion of OS&D, activity required to support site inventory management, and transfer of materials based off contractor requests. Communicates with suppliers and personnel within Bantrel to establish clear definition of the material planning and coordination requirements.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with Home Office Engineering to establish and maintain the understanding and support needed to effectively monitor and manage the material control process.
- Communicates with Expediting and suppliers to ensure performance required by the purchase order to meet project needs.
- Attends and participates in meetings such as project Procurement weekly meetings to maintain awareness of, and to report on, material issues and status.
- Liaises between the fabrication shop’s materials group and the Home Office Project Engineering and Materials groups to manage releases of bulks, monitor delivery status of tagged materials, investigate, and resolve material issues, and be the prime contact for all supply chain issues.
- Attends and participates in weekly shop production meetings to maintain awareness of, and to report on, material issues and status.
- Communicates with the Contract Administrator (CA), if one is appointed to manage the commercial performance of the shop fabrication work, all material issues that may have commercial impact.
- Reviews purchase order receiving documentation including commercial invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading for accuracy and completeness. Prepares Material Receiving Report (MRR). Contacts vendors to resolve any discrepancies. If this work process is managed by the sub-contracted fabricator, then the Material Coordinator, with the assistance of the CA, will monitor their compliance to the directions specified in the contract.
- Reviews purchase order receiving documentation including commercial invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading for accuracy and completeness. Contacts vendors to resolve any discrepancies.
- Performs count and inspection of arriving material. Ensures receipt documentation is retained and recorded in BPS with permanent material receiving report (MRR).
- Prepares documentation (Unsatisfactory, Over, Short & Damaged Report) to record unsatisfactory, over, short and damage conditions of materials received and maintains UOS&D Log.
- Ensures that all material is sorted and stored in accordance with the project storage plan and that the location of material in storage is properly reflected on the appropriate storage records (manual or automated).
- Performs complete or partial inventories as required to validate inventory records.
- Assists Procurement supervision with the overall responsibility of maintaining custody of all project materials.
- Ensures that issues of material are properly controlled and documented in accordance with project procedures.
- Takes part in the disposition of surplus project materials as approved by project management and directed by Procurement supervision.
- Prepares shipping documents and registers for all materials shipped from temporary operating and jobsite locations.
- Maintains registers to control industrial gas bottles log, returnable reel log, and returnable containers.
- Prepares equipment condition or inspection reports for rental equipment. Coordinates inbound inspection with site mechanic and ensures documentation is generated and filed.
- Prepares or ensures the preparation of an “Inspection Report, Construction Equipment” for equipment rentals from equipment rental companies.
- Prepares and maintains Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) Construction Equipment Log.
- Prepares and maintains BPS inventory control records (manual and automated).
- Executes all other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The incumbent must have 3-5 years progressive experience or training in EPC or related industries in the functions of Procurement, Engineering or Construction
- Post-Secondary education in Business is an asset
- Demonstrated success in leadership and process improvement initiatives
- General Knowledge of planning, receipt, storage and issuance of construction parts and materials.
- Basic skill in oral and written communications and understanding of the interfaces between Procurement – PipeWorks, TeamWorks, SetRoute, InTools and 3D modeling systems
- Proficiency in Expediting plus experience in one or more Procurement functions
- Knowledge of commercial management and experience in project planning and operations, including both office and jobsite locations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with Stakeholders including Clients, Senior Leaders, and frontline employees
- Brings a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging
- Can manage shifting priorities while maintaining delverable deadlines
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.