|Technology Delivery Lead|
Technology Delivery Lead
Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Technology Delivery Lead
Location: This position will be located in our Winnipeg office
Application Deadline: July 30, 2022
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With more than $21 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2021 Brokerage Report Card
Reporting to the Delivery Manager, the Technology Delivery Lead will be responsible to lead, roll out and support projects under the Solution Delivery team within the Technology Department. This involves collaborating with business users, vendors and technology teams in order to understand problems and opportunities and recommend solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals. The incumbent will have a broad range of technical skills as well as the mindset and ability to foster collaboration between Technology and other stakeholders to advocate the delivery of key initiatives and projects.
This role will require parallel management and/or oversight of between 10 and 15 initiatives at any one time, delivered through multi-skilled teams. The role should provide a sense of structure and order to each initiative, whilst also acting as a critical friend to the business and the solution team and be responsible for outcomes that deliver business value and efficiency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and managing the quality of technology delivery to ensure successful delivery of software development (in-house or vendor solution) by prioritizing and managing expectations.
- Leading the assigned technical delivery team's resources and owning the delivery of the solution spanning one or multiple technology teams to execute the delivery plan.
- Overseeing initiative/change delivery; development of, and management against timelines; monitoring and reviewing development deliverables to ensure consistency with quality standards; and early engagement for operational transition and support.
- Becoming primary point of escalation where the team may be encountering issues.
- Engaging actively with the Project Management team and business partners to ensure the technology team is providing technical input and collaborating on solutions.
- Working with dependent teams to prepare delivery plans for initiatives & changes including work back schedules and capacity planning.
- Ensuring a balance between team capacity and workload in order to achieve a successful project delivery.
- Tracking delivery through each phase of delivery life cycle including documentation and communication of regular status/progress updates.
- Scheduling and chairing delivery ceremonies and maintaining information repositories.
- Managing time allocations and work priorities across teams and projects, engaging people managers where conflicts arise.
- Pro-actively identifying, tracking and communicating project risks to management.
- Tracking dependencies, impediments and removing them to enable the team's ability to surface, track and escalate.
- Coordinating operational readiness activities with associated teams (business, security, infrastructure, network, etc.)
- Supporting app releases & rolling out related activities.
- Engaging stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, Legal, Operations) as needed for consultation throughout the course of solution delivery.
- Scheduling ad-hoc meetings to solve for disagreements or ambiguities in order to reduce risk of jeopardizing milestones and/or artifacts.
- Easing conversations and promoting constructive attitudes.
- Facilitating and ensuring healthy communication between project team members.
- Conducting regular retros and addressing team’s feedback.
- Understanding team strengths and weaknesses in order to improve each phase of the project lifecycle
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in computer science, project management or a similar field of study.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ industry experience working in a solution delivery role with transferable skills.
- Successful completion of Information Technology Infrastructure Library 4 (ITIL 4) would be considered an asset
- A Business Analysis Accreditation is an asset, CSM, PMP.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts/methodologies (i.e. waterfall, Agile, iterative), and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of one or more requirements analysis and problem decomposition techniques.
- Knowledge of technical/business environments (e.g. Microsoft business technologies and applications, relational databases, and SharePoint)
- An understanding of industry standards and standard business capabilities
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle.
- A deep understanding of Information Technology with various complexities and how to troubleshoot them.
- Experience working with business strategy and assessments (i.e. feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- A proven ability to manage ambiguity.
- A data-driven, decision-making mindset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment
Wellington-Altus is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.