Company : Information Services Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Company Name:Information Services Corporation
Information Services Corporation (ISC) is hiring a Technology Architect on a permanent, full-time basis.
ISC (TSX:ISV) is the leading provider of registry and information management services for public data and records. Throughout our history, we've excelled at delivering value to government, to industry and to our community. We are the partner of choice for governments and private sector organizations seeking solutions across the information management spectrum.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Principal Solutions Architect, the Technology Architect will oversee the design and implementation of our clients' IT systems. In addition, they will meet with technology and business managers to discuss company processes, designing the structure of enterprise and business level IT systems.
To ensure success as a Technical Architect, the successful candidate should have extensive knowledge of enterprise networking and infrastructure systems from a cloud and physical perspective, advanced problem-solving skills, and the ability to ensure architecture directions are met as defined for the enterprise.
Other duties include:
- Serve as a technology solution leader and act as a subject matter expert for providing direction with a focus on network and cloud architecture as it pertains to the overall ISC architecture vision including on-premise and cloud.
- As part of the Architecture Management Committee, provides input into Architecture Compliance and infrastructure design reviews to ensure adherence to EA standards
- Providing insight into technologies required for development activities, and direction into future technology strategies
- Completing assessments of cloud network technologies as they apply to ISC’s technology vision, and understanding ISC’s current network topology
- Identifying candidate network, and data architecture roadmaps
- Responsible for input on various projects across multiple departments with respect to technology architecture
- Providing input into application architecture based on gaps between current and target technology architectures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (or related field), or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of experience in network; of which two (2) years of experience have been in technology architecture
- Experience in architecting cloud topologies and integrations into hybrid environments including Azure and AWS cloud solutions
- Knowledge of the technology architecture discipline and an understanding of how it fits into the Enterprise Architecture vision and frameworks
- Understanding of current and future trends in technology architecture and how they may be applied to the ISC enterprise.
- Familiarity of application development and lifecycles
- Familiarity with security principles and how they are applied to technologies
- Familiarity with graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments and in varying degrees of technical detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, be innovative, and able to identify their deliverables
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements and apply multiple approaches to business problems
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives
- Ability to provide short-term implications of individual decisions to stakeholders
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies and their impacts to ISC
- Communication - Uses communication skills to work with others to resolve complex or sensitive issues and responds to the concerns/needs of customers, key stakeholders and others in a proactive manner that promotes long-term relationships
- Customer Service Orientation – Identifies future customer needs and expectations based on an understanding of current customer issues, priorities, competitor services, market environment, etc.
- Flexibility - Prioritizes actions effectively in order to respond to numerous, diverse corporate challenges and demands, and demonstrates willingness to incorporate larger change and new ideas
- Organizational Commitment - Commits to supporting the organization direction by participating in discussion on the direction and demonstrating positive behaviours to support the organization in meeting its objectives
- Results Driven - Anticipates potential problems, future needs and opportunities, and has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems, making things happen and getting work done to a high standard
- Teamwork - Develops and maintains effective working relationships within and between teams while facilitating and influencing team effectiveness and making team decisions to achieve positive outcomes
- Problem Solving and Conceptual Thinking - Integrates thinking into an appropriate conceptual framework, and adds a “big picture” perspective to the analysis; thinks through complex problems from various angles and perspectives to assess risk and identify solutions
- Effective Decision Making – Can make effective decisions by analyzing relationships among several parts of complex or multi-dimensional problems or situations, anticipates obstacles/challenges and thinks ahead about next steps
If this opportunity speaks to you, please apply by August 16, 2022. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted.