|Teacher - Humanities|
Teacher - Humanities
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
The Dehcho Divisional Education Council invites applications from certified teachers for the 2022-2023 school year, who are dedicated to teaching and have experience with and/or interest in the cultural, linguistic and traditional heritage of the Dene. Liidlii Kue Regional High School offers programs to approximately 109 students from grade 7 through 12.
Full-time Indeterminate High School English Language Arts & Social Studies
Starting: August 22, 2022
The successful teacher will have teachable skills for English Language Arts, ideally with additional qualifications or experiences in teaching Social Studies/ Northern Studies.
- must hold, or be eligible for a Professional N.W.T. Teaching Certificate;
- must work as a team member in planning, delivery and assessment of programs and students;
- must demonstrate the ability to work with students, in multi level situations, and promote the involvement of parents in a positive and supportive manner;
- should have direct experience with N.W.T. curricula at the secondary level preferably grades 7-12;
- should have training and teaching experience in a cross-cultural, classroom situation;
- must demonstrate a student centered, holistic, interdisciplinary approach to teaching;
- knowledge of and/or experience with Self-regulation,
- Should have demonstrated abilities in student motivation co-curricular and extra- curricular involvement.
Interested and qualified applicants will submit a resume, complete with references; the names of previous and current supervisors with a copy of the most recent performance review. Current and previous employers will be contacted for references.
For more information or to submit applications, interested parties should contact:
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Dehcho Divisional Education Council provides a smoke free work environment and supports Affirmative Action candidates.