|Safety & Compliance Business Analyst|
Safety & Compliance Business Analyst
Company : Canadian Tire Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With world-class Owned Brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to be there for Canadians from coast-to-coast. We are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire and its group of companies.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and dedicated individual to maintain a high standard of Transportation Safety and Compliance. This individual needs to possess the accountability to ensure a safe environment for the communities and customers we serve along with the protection of the Canadian Tire brand. The Safety and Compliance Business Analyst will work alongside our National Transport Safety & Compliance Manager. The role acts as an ambassador for the Canadian Tire brand while ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and transportation partners across this nation. The individual will be required to be flexible in their schedule to support a national fleet that operates 24/7.
As a Safety and Compliance Analyst, you will assist in the administration of all CTC safety programs relating to Transportation. Producing safety-related communications on any Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Transportation changes to legislative requirements. This position will focus on conducting site audits, reporting, data capturing, and analytical support for the business. The role entails assisting in analyzing and generating site-specific key performance indicators.
At Canadian Tire we work flexibly embracing ‘Hybrid’ whereby individuals utilize a combination of working at a CTC campus and/or virtually in service of outcomes. Determined by managers, decisions around work location will be made based on business and team needs and grounded in a desire to support individual well-being and personal needs. Our goal is to empower teams and individuals to make the right decisions for them, and we expect that to look different for everyone.
What you’ll do
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes, identify corrective and preventative actions
- Maintaining integrity of safety programs with the operational team and drivers
- Training and assisting in the development of the agency drivers along with the operational team (managers, supervisors, and dispatchers)
- Maintain driver safety records to ensure they meet the CTC safety and maintenance program as well as all legislative requirements.
- Provide support for Western, Central, and Eastern CTC Private Fleet operations with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct audits and recommendations on corrective or preventive measures
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly safety records statistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as work without supervision
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines as required
- Ability to take direction
- Knowledge of Hours of Service
- Knowledge of Highway Traffic Act
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Safety and Compliance in the Transportation Industry
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook, Power BI and Access
- Safety-related experience, certifications, and training within Transportation or other related businesses would be an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience would be an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is required
About Canadian Tire Corporation
As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies . To learn more follow us on LinkedIn .