|Public Skating Monitors|
Public Skating Monitors
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Are you interested in helping the citizens of Winnipeg enjoy a positive recreation experience through one of our many arena facilities? We are looking for PUBLIC SKATING MONITORS to be part of our Recreation Services Team!
The City of Winnipeg is currently accepting applications for Public Skating Monitors for various locations throughout the City. All positions are part-time. Hours of work will vary depending on the number of shifts selected. Interested applicants must be willing to work Monday to Friday days, evenings; and weekends days and evenings on short notice.
As the Public Skating Monitor you will:
- Supervise Public Skating on and off the ice.
- Maintain necessary reports.
- Set up equipment.
Your education and qualifications include:
- A Grade 10 education.
- Demonstrated ability to skate (Skating Skill Test - Date to be determined).
- Ability to deal satisfactory with the general public, community groups and staff.
- Emergency First Aid - Valid 3 years (Photocopy).
- CPR Level C - Valid 1 Year *must be renewed annually from date of issue (Photocopy).
- Bilingual (French/Engish would be an asset).
Conditions of employment:
- First Aid & CPR Level C must be valid until March 31, 2023.
- Be available to work Monday to Friday evenings; and weekends days and evenings on short notice.
- A Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Available between September 2022– March 2023.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification or providing proof of an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Government of Manitoba.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented