|Prosecutions Disclosure Assistant|
Prosecutions Disclosure Assistant
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $28.83–$38.53 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Prosecutions/Disclosure Assistant you will provide legal support to the Municipal Law and Enforcement section as well as provide back-up support in a variety of other practice areas of the Legal Services division. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Compose correspondence, initial drafting and processing of legal and court documents.
- Maintain several databases and categories of files within a central filing system.
- Liaise with various City Business Units and all levels of the legal/court system.
- Ensure all prosecution files are complete and all relevant information is ready for court.
- Prepare and distribute disclosure packages.
- Support clients in training court liaison and enforcement staff to ensure files are correct and complete.
- Be familiar with all relevant bylaws and legislation.
- Provide information to the general public to advise on court procedures and options available.
- Provide legal support services in other areas of the Legal Services division on an as needed basis.
- A High School diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) and one of the following:
- At least 3 years of recent, practical, legal experience in enforcement related activities at a progressively more responsible level; OR
- A Legal Assistant course and at least 2 years of recent, practical, legal experience in enforcement related activities at a progressively more responsible level.
- Proficiency with ProLaw and Justice Online Information Network system (JOIN) would be considered assets.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, plus independent judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision as a team member are essential for success in this position.
A security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualification.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Law
Position Type: Temporary (up to 12 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 5 $28.83 - 38.53 per hour (2022 Rates)
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: August 15, 2022
Job ID #: 306118