|Primary Health Care Nurse|
Primary Health Care Nurse
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $45,010–$52,252 a year
Location : Yukon
This is an until –filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This competition is to fill one permanent part-time positions working a rotation of 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off.
Community Nursing is committed to excellence in the provision of Primary Health Care to Yukon people. This is accomplished by assisting individuals and families to achieve and maintain optimal health through the provision of treatment services, health education/promotion activities, disease prevention and individual counseling techniques. Reporting to the Primary Health Care Nurse-in-Charge, the incumbent provides both community health and primary health care services through an expanded nursing role. Duties include providing primary health services, emergency services, assisting with the planning, developing, implementation and evaluation of public health/education programs and performing other related duties which contribute to the optimal functioning of the unit.
Primary Health Care Nurses provide primary health care services in settings where there is limited access to physician and support services such as lab, x-ray and pharmacy. They must work effectively with both registered nurses and other health and social services practitioners in the provision of primary health care to the community.
In addition to the base salary, this position offers
- generous leave & benefit package
- Standby pay
- Call back pay
- Retention allowances
- Community allowances
- Paid travel from your home within Canada
- Yearly reimbursement of Yukon RN Registration fees
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Recent substantial experience working in emergency
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Certification or education in the expanded nursing role is considered an asset
- Experience in the delivery of community health and treatment services in an expanded role within a cross-cultural environment would be an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong knowledge in treatment services in an emergency role
- Knowledge in Community Health Programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, organization and flexibility
- Ability to lead, instruct and counsel
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
Conditions of Employment: TB Screening, Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, Valid Driver’s Licence, Current Yukon RN registration in good standing, current Heart & Stoke BLS, ACLS, and an approved trauma certification such as TNCC, EPPIC-T or ITLS to be obtained within 6 months.
Job Requirements: Providing care both in and out of Health Centres, ability to lift up to 25lbs, and working after hours on call providing patient care.