|Member Services Representative - Thompson Branch|
Member Services Representative - Thompson Branch
Company : Assiniboine Credit Union Ltd
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Manager, Member Service, the Member Service Representative serves as a knowledgeable and confident ambassador for the credit union products, services, and values, identifying opportunities that best suit the members’ needs. Responsibilities include answering member inquiries and providing advice regarding ACU credit union products & services, referring members to other specialists within the credit union. Front line duties include working with cash as well as providing transactional service with accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide a high level of service by attending to members and visitors in a courteous and professional manner, ensuring all advice and service delivery standards are met and exceeded at all times.
- Analyze the members’ needs to determine alternative credit union services and products that will benefit the member most.
- Provide advice and service delivery on credit union products, ensuring that referrals are directed to the appropriate person or department within the credit union.
- Solicit new members and contribute to the overall business development through service excellence and product knowledge.
- Meet personal and referral targets, as well as work in collaboration to successfully achieve overall branch and business targets.
- Provide transactional service to members by processing deposits, withdrawals, loan and utility payments, money orders, cheque cashing etc.
- Ensure all inquiries, information requests and transactional services are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Resolve member complaints and problems when possible, referring more complex problems to the appropriate person or department - ensuring seamless member service.
- Observe and adhere to all credit union policies and procedures on internal control and risk management including security requirements for cash custody & safe guarding, frauds, forgeries and robbery procedures.
- Stay abreast of all product knowledge, functional processes and procedures in order to facilitate quality and seamless delivery of service to members.
- Understands, respects, and supports ACU’s commitment to corporate social responsibilities, respectful workplace and diversity initiatives.
- Employees are required to keep strictly confidential the affairs of anyone whose private information becomes available to them in the course of their duties.
Education and experience
The competencies for this position would require a minimum grade twelve diploma, plus two to three years job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Occupational Skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Self-leader/team player
- Strong computer application skills
- Cash handling skills
- Knowledge of credit union products and services
- Must be available to work Tuesday to Saturday schedule including ability to work evenings and varied shift hours.
WHO WE ARE?
As a Certified B Corporation® and one of Manitoba’s Top Employers (2022), the culture of Assiniboine Credit Union is supportive of the individual while focused on the greater community. You’ll be motivated by shared values and encouraged to always think about how, through financial sustainability, we can do more for our members, our employees and our community.
Choosing to work at Assiniboine Credit Union means that you’ll be working for an organization that…
- puts people, planet and prosperity first,
- values diversity and inclusion,
- is focused on social and environmental responsibility,
- supports employees through training programs and long-term career development,
- offers a competitive total compensation program which includes bonuses, a matched pension program, and health and dental benefits.
If doing things differently and doing more is part of who you are, join us on a rewarding journey where your personal aspirations and career goals can align.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application by Wednesday, August 10, 2022. We thank everyone who applies but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials and activities used throughout the selection process.