|Junior Project Coordinator (Construction) - Full Time|
Junior Project Coordinator (Construction) - Full Time
Company : Region of Waterloo
Salary : $32.93–$37.41 an hour
Location : Ontario
Coordinates, controls, and administers minor projects or portions of major projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems (e.g., lighting, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning); construction inspections; and construction trades and technology (e.g., site grading, drainage, paving, roofs, concrete and masonry, structural steel and sewage systems), acquired through a 3-year Construction or Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma or a 4-year degree in a related field. In either case, 6 months of related experience is required.
- Eligibility for certification as a Certified Engineering Technologist through Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists.
- Familiarity with relevant portions of the National Building Code, Provincial Building Code, area municipality Building Codes and Practices, Ontario Fire Marshall's Regulations, Insurance Advisory Council Regulations, CSA Standards, Forms of Agreement (particularly the Canadian Standard Form of Construction Document) and industry standards for steel, concrete, masonry, timber, electrical, and mechanical work.
- Knowledge of contract law as it relates to building construction and renovation projects.
- Organizational skills to create work schedules, prepare in advance, and set realistic timelines. Ability to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Communication skills to discuss contracts, invoices, payments, and design changes with contractors; liaise with project teams, contractors, suppliers to ensure work quality, progress, and delivery schedules; provide information, ensure health and safety regulations, and compliance with Ministries, building officials, fire marshal/departments/inspectors; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read and communicate construction drawings, reports, standards and specifications, supplier instructions, and building codes. Ability to write construction reports using specialized technical vocabulary, log reports, and letters to contractors, and prepare and present project reports to senior staff as required.
- Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel to various locations within Waterloo Region.
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.