|IT Technical Specialist|
IT Technical Specialist
Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
IT Technical Specialist
Location: This position will be based in our Calgary, Toronto, and Winnipeg offices.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2022
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With more than $20 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2021 Brokerage Report Card
Reporting to the Manager, Service Desk, the IT Technical Specialist will act as a single point of contact for providing timely and effective IT hardware and software systems support across the organization via email, telephone, remote and in-person support. The incumbent will actively participate in the Incident Resolution and Service Request fulfillments submitted to the Technology team. The successful candidate will combine both their technical expertise and customer service skills to deliver an excellent support experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Resolving all incoming IT concerns via email chat, phone, remote or in-person support.
- Identifying the urgency and severity of reported cases and triaging accordingly to pertinent stakeholders.
- Installing computer hardware including but not limited to laptops, thin clients, laptop docks, monitors, printers, multimedia devices, network devices and desk phones.
- Installing all software necessary to initialize devices for advisor and corporate employee use (e.g., Windows, Office 365, Adobe Suite, SFTP Clients, Custom software).
- Liaising with third party vendors to address network and operational software-related inquiries.
- Testing and analyzing current and future IT Systems as required.
- Creating knowledge-based articles for common and critical issues.
- Documenting current processes and recommending process improvements to leadership for consideration.
- Providing actionable recommendations to optimize current IT performance and proactively resolve future issues.
- Collaborating with various IT teams to ensure that IT needs are adequately met across the organization.
- Assisting with both new advisor and corporate employee onboarding procedures.
- Operating, monitoring, and maintaining several Information Systems including but not limited to Zoom/Telephony systems, database systems, knowledge management systems, ticketing systems, file repository systems, media hosting systems etc.
- Participating in the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS infrastructure.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A technical diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in an IT Service Desk capacity; preferably in a Microsoft/Windows based environment.
- Knowledge of incident and problem management processes and tools; ITIL, Microsoft or AWS certification would be an asset.
- A proven ability to independently identify problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills with an ability to communicate with all levels within an organization.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.