|Heavy Equipment Operator|
Heavy Equipment Operator
Company : City of Ottawa
Salary : $29.65–$31.21 an hour
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 4393
Department: Public Works Department
Service: Roads & Parking Services , Parks Maintenance & Forestry Services
Employment Type: Multiple Full-time Winter/Summer Seasonal Positions - 40 hours/week (Various Shifts)
Work Hours: 40.00 hours per week
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
Salary Information:$29.649 - $31.209 per hour (2022 rates of pay)
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Labourer Jobs
Application Close: 22/08/2022
Note: This competition will be used to staff on-going requirements for both the winter and summer seasons (until end of February 2023)
You are responsible for operating heavy equipment as contained in the equipment table below.
- Auto Cone 5000
- Backhoe with loader attachment only
- Crew cab dump over 1 ton without attachment or trailer
- Crew cab with trailer over 1000 kgs and up to 4600 kgs
- Crew cab dump with attachment or with trailer up to 4600 kgs
- Flusher/Water truck # 5 ton and over
- Garbage Compactor (Parks)
- Plow truck or straight salt truck (single and tandem axle)
- Ride on Mower (Over 72" cut)
- Ride-on Sidewalk sweeper
- Single axle dump truck
- Single axle hoist truck
- Tandem dump truck with attenuator
- Tandem dump truck without attachment or trailer
- Tractor with or without attachment (Bombardier, Holder, trackless, farm tractor, mower, sidewalk plow,
- sidewalk blower, etc.)
- Tri-axle dump truck without trailer
- Truck over 1 ton, with attachment or with trailer up to 4600 kgs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of some secondary school (minimum Grade 10)
Minimum of 13 months of experience
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement:English oral, reading, writing
- Driver’s License Requirement: A valid Ontario unrestricted DZ class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated
- You may initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.