Company : Kitikmeot Community Futures Inc.
Salary : From $120,000 a year
Location : Nunavut
Kitikmeot Community Futures Inc. (KCFI) is a developmental lender in the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. KCFI is one of three Community Futures in Nunavut and is considered an Aboriginal
Financial Institution (AFI). Located in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, we serve the 5 communities of the Kitikmeot Region providing developmental lending, and business support services. We operate a bookkeeping division and manage the Canada Nunavut Business Service Center.
The Board of Directors of KCFI is seeking the services of a qualified, enthusiastic, self- motivated, and organized individual for the position of Executive Director for the Kitikmeot Community Futures Inc. to provide professional leadership and direction for the Corporation.
Ideally you are a proven leader, have worked in a Community Futures or lending setting, and possess strong technical skills in developmental lending, finance, administration, and governance.
The Executive Director will:
- Manage the KCFI loan portfolio in its marketing, delivery, administration, monitoring, and compliance.
- Provide advice and assistance to new and existing businesses
- Provide communications and support to the board of directors
- Ensure administrative and accounting controls are in place at all times and adhered to.
- Ensure that all functions to operate a business counselling and lending office are fulfilled.
- Provide oversight and direction for the bookkeeping division.
- Maintain the Canada Nunavut Business Service Centre
- Represent KCFI at a regional, territorial, and national level, and other public forums.
Qualifications–A combination of education and experience will be considered:
- A Business Degree/Diploma or a combination of related education and experience in
Community Economic Development and/or Business Administration
- Experience in managing a Community Futures or in commercial lending
- Experience in Economic Development, human resource management or managing a not for profit would be an asset.
- Well-organized; able to set priorities and effectively manage time
- Must be competent with computer usage such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Sage, and loan management programs.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent written, communication and leadership skills in English. Inuktut verbal and written skills will be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with the Board of Directors, Private Businesses and Municipal
Councils/Community committees in achieving desired results.
This is a full-time position. Normal hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Office location: Cambridge Bay, Nunavut. This position will require air travel to other communities. Salary plus a northern allowance/benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume/cover letter outlining skills and experience no later than August 19, 2022, at 4:30 pm MST.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $120,000.00 per year
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge Bay, NU X0B0C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Business Administration and Lending: 5 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-19
Expected start date: 2022-10-01