Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $58,271–$69,581 a year
Location : Manitoba
EXM Executive Assistant to a Minister
Manitoba Executive Council
Advertisement Number: 2218
Salary(s): EXM $58,271.00 - $69,581.00 per year
Closing Date: August 17, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
If you are an energetic person who thrives in working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
environment; and if you are interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to Executive Council, please provide your resume and cover letter outlining your education and experiencerelated to this job posting. Interested candidates should apply by August 17, 2022
The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth operation of the Minister’s office by acting as a conduit between the Minister’s office and the constituency.
Employees in this area are technical (political) appointments. The Executive Assistant works closely with the Special Assistant and acts as a back-up. Advanced political acumen is required in managing and coordinating stakeholder relationships.
To be considered for this competition you must complete the Application Screening Form at the link below. If you are having difficulty opening the link you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Executive Council (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
Note: Please also submit your cover letter and resume, you may be asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Please click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory criminal records check, child and adult abuse registry checks
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license or equivalent
- Must have the ability to work outside normal business hours evenings and weekends as required
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Political Science, Undergraduate degree in communications or related discipline. Other combinations of education and or experience will be considered
- Demonstrated sound judgement and ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively inside government and with external partners
- Ability to multitask, manage issues and sensitive information
- Strong political acumen with the ability to manage confidential and politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize and meet competing
- Understanding in social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
The successful candidate will, work closely with Premier’s Office, Minister’s offices, and
Communications to ensure government priorities and initiatives are met. The Executive Assistant acts as a liaison between the Premier’s Office, the Minister’s Office, the community, MLAs and Constituency Assistants.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.