|Energy and Sustainability Analyst|
Energy and Sustainability Analyst
Company : RDH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Is purposeful climate work in your future? Is your career pursuit in the built environment? Are you energized by seeing the direct impact of your work? Do you want to work with and learn from the best building science experts in Energy and Sustainability? Read on.
The Energy and Sustainability Analyst’s primary role includes whole building energy and carbon modelling, market research, report writing and presentation development to support projects focused on energy and carbon emission reduction related to the built environment. With a large team of project managers and technical staff, you can expect to support projects focused on net zero carbon, net zero energy, Passive House, deep energy retrofits, LEED®, policy development, and market studies, while creating energy models and analyzing the holistic impact of design decisions from both an energy, carbon and financial perspective.
Your contribution will be fundamental to addressing the climate emergency.
WHY WE NEED THIS POSITION:
Our clients are eager to reduce the environmental impact of buildings. Energy and carbon emission modelling, and financial modelling are often a catalyst for change in how buildings are designed, constructed, and operated. With a deep understanding of how buildings consume energy and emit carbon, backed by comprehensive analysis, we have the opportunity to steer the climate conversation throughout the life of a project. As more and more public and private entities look to reduce their impact, the need for such exploration is mounting.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
This is an entry-level opportunity for someone who enjoys working the details for precision and insight and who has strong interest in energy efficiency, climate adaptation and mitigation. We seek someone who values teams and will collaborate well with various project managers and technical staff on multiple projects, switching gears as needed in a fast-paced environment. If you are a continuous learner, organized, love spreadsheets and data science, and can deep dive into data analysis and problem solve, we’d love to hear from you.
NOW IN 6 BURSTS:
- Experience: Bachelor or Masters degree in an engineering or building science related field preferred; or, previous experience in building design or construction-related field. 1-2 years experience is asset.
- Bonus Experience: Experience with energy modelling software such as eQuest, EnergyPlus, and/or DesignBuilder, Passive House Planning Package or WUFIPassive, data science or scripting tools (e.g. Python).
- Special Skills: Understanding of building science, heat transfer, and thermodynamics fundamentals, related to energy efficient building technologies.
- Passion: Work with a team of project managers and technical specialists to influence change through energy and carbon analysis.
- Role: Whole building energy, carbon, and financial modelling; research, report, and presentation development. Visit existing buildings to investigate building systems and operation to perform energy efficiency assessments for retrofits.
- Attributes: Listen and seek first to understand, life-long learner, communicate clearly, get results, curious, questioning, detail-oriented, organized, and analytical.
RDH is an amazing place to work. A role with RDH is a career commitment to learn and grow alongside inspiring and dedicated people who care deeply about making buildings better.
We are an employee-owned consulting firm with 300 employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive workplace with incredible teams, opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH’s core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Our collaborative teams fuel our mission of Making Buildings Better. We seek diversity in our teams and embrace inclusivity. We are committed to equity through building teams based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in our employment practices.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF to [email protected] with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in the Canada legally and permanently need apply.
Job Type: Full-time