|Community Outreach Liaison|
Community Outreach Liaison
Company : Winnipeg Humane Society
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Date: August 2, 2022
Position Title: Community Outreach Liaison
Reports to: Director of Veterinary Services/Manager, Clinic Operations
Rate: Unit 7, $15.41-$20.27
Hours: Full Time 40 Hrs/Week, Shift days and times will vary.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date for Internal Applicants: August 6, 2022
The Community Outreach Liaison is responsible for planning and coordinating the
management and delivery of programs specifically designed to provide access to
veterinary care, provide animal welfare education, and empower owners in Winnipeg
to care for their pets. This is accomplished through developing, promoting, and
implementing WHS access to veterinary care programs including spaying and neutering
and preventative veterinary services within Winnipeg. The Community Outreach Liaison
works offsite in the community serving low-income communities in Winnipeg’s North End and the
Reporting to the Director of Veterinary Services, the Community Outreach Liaison is
expected to independently carry out established responsibilities while also working
directly and collaboratively with all other department staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Outreach Liaison’s purpose is to interact with members of the public in
Winnipeg on behalf of WHS and plan, promote and implement services providing
access to veterinary care and promoting animal welfare to pets within Winnipeg.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and coordinate access to veterinary care and welfare
address the specific needs of low-income pet owners within Winnipeg’s North-end
- Focus on building respectful, community-directed, and culturally appropriate
- Proactively work with private veterinary partners, volunteers, community
neuter and preventative medicine initiatives as well as community education and
- Enlist and encourage veterinarians, registered veterinary technologists, and
involvement and to ensure proper training and respectful cultural appreciation is
understood by all volunteers of the program.
- Schedule veterinary appointments/clinics/activities, ensuring programs are
community-driven and showing respect and consideration for each owner’s needs,
expectations, and values.
- Ensuring all activities are conducted according to regulations and procedures
regulation of the Animal Care Act of the Province of Manitoba.
- Other duties that arise in the day-to-day activities or assigned by the Manager or
Standards of Performance:
1. Keeping the mission of The Winnipeg Humane Society in the forefront when
performing job duties, as well as when representing The Winnipeg Humane
Society both inside and outside the shelter environment.
2. Exemplary level of care is provided to each animal consistent with Humane
Society policies and procedures.
3. Effective communication with staff/volunteers and the public on an ongoing
basis; a respectful workplace is maintained at all times.
4. Successful and thorough completion of assigned job duties within reasonable
5. Reliability and diligence in position.
Authority to perform all assigned duties and responsibilities within established policies
Directly accountable to the Director, Veterinary Services/Manager, Clinic Operations
for the performance of all assigned duties and responsibilities.
Has frequent contact with clinic staff, other WHS staff, volunteers, rescue partners, and
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
The following are mandatory qualifications and experience for this role:
1. Experience working in a veterinary clinic
2. Experience in a similar position; working independently offsite providing
services to low-income communities
3. Cultural sensitivity community-relations experience, able to build, foster and
enhance positive working relationships with WHS communities
4. Proven track record working with rescues, First Nations, the public,
Veterinarians, and Registered Veterinarian Technologists.
The following qualifications and experience are desired and would be considered
1. Cultural sensitivity training
2. Experience working in a non-profit environment.
Forward your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Dr. Gina Bowen
Please quote the Job Posting Number in your email or cover letter subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Thank you for your interest in this position however only those
considered for an interview will be contacted.