|Collections Assistant - Temporary Full Time|
Collections Assistant - Temporary Full Time
Company : Town of Oakville
Salary : $34.76–$40.89 an hour
Location : Ontario
Employment Status: Temporary Full-time to March 2024 (CUPE 5348)
Location: Central Branch
Hours: 35 hours per week (Evening and weekend work may be required)
The role of the Collections Assistant is to support the collection and library operations. The Collections Assistant will assist with the development, maintenance and evaluation of the library’s collections in all formats.
What you'll do
As a Collections Assistant you will:
- Be responsible for system-wide collections analyses, development and maintenance
- Produce statistical reports and analyze collection usage and expenditures
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of department reports, work plans, and manuals
- Lead or assist with collection work plan initiatives, under Manager, Collection Development
- Be responsible for creation and updating of Automatic Release Plan (ARP) profiles as required, monitor processes related to automatic release plans and liaise with material vendors as needed to ensure that spending targets and selection criteria are being met
- Select materials for collections in all formats, in conjunction with ARPs, under the direction of the Manager, Collection Development
- Ensure the effective use of the library’s collection budgets and additional development fund budgets for materials (Up to $600,000), monitoring spending throughout the year
- Provide collection development and maintenance support
- Process suggested purchase requests, monitor purchase alert lists, and recommend hold ratios for materials
- Liaise with library staff with respect to collection gaps, replacements, and suggestions
- Participate in the evaluation of new digital subscriptions and services
- Serve as consult on in house materials description/processing
- Interpret library policies to customers and respond to inquiries concerning collection issues
- Maintain current awareness of collections and publishing trends
- Participate on internal/external committees related to collection development
- Update and maintain collection profiles and associated maintenance guidelines and procedures.
- Provide staff training and in-branch collection maintenance support as required
- Direct staff in the use of CollectionHQ to ensure good collection maintenance practices throughout system
- Provide direct customer service to users of all ages as scheduled, in person, by telephone and online
- Assume in-charge responsibilities when required
- Assist with the promotion of library collections, including participation in branch and organizational programs and outreach events as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of library resources in all formats and genres, including print, audio-visual, and digital media.
- Exhibit interest in and awareness of emerging technologies as they relate to library collections
- Deliver excellent service to customers of all ages by adhering to the library’s customer service pledge and being in compliance with AODA’s Customer Service Standards
- Apply proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including creating spreadsheets in Excel
- Display excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to participate effectively on teams
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit proven statistical and data analysis skills and knowledge of collection usage analysis software
- Utilize report writing abilities and project management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting process
Your experience and educational background:
- MLIS or MISt is required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant public library experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use digital technologies commonly supported by public libraries, including eBooks, eAudio, social media, library apps etc.
- Demonstrated experience in collection development, maintenance, and analysis: assessing customer needs, evaluating collection strengths, evaluating resources, selecting suitable titles and formats, managing budgets
Who are we?
Oakville Public Library strives to fulfill our mission of cultivating discovery and creativity in every phase of life. We are focused on exceptional customer service to meet the needs of the children, youth, adults, and seniors utilizing our physical or online services. We continue to be agile in our mandate to meet the needs of the residents of Oakville.
What's it like to work at Oakville Public Library?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, we commit to providing access to tangible resources and programs that inspire, encourage, and provoke thought for the residents of Oakville.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.opl.on.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on August 7, 2022.
The Oakville Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) within our recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of full vaccination in accordance with the OPL’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedure. Accommodation requests for new hires that are unable to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for reasons protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code must be made in writing to the Human Resources department.
A Security Clearance Check will be required for all employees and volunteers of the Oakville Public Library. Successful applicants must submit the Security Check (dated within the last six months) prior to or on the first day of employment.
The Oakville Public Library endeavours to provide a safe environment for all its employees. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.