|Analyst - Contract|
Analyst - Contract
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 159150
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
As an Analyst, you will provide support to various Corporate Credit adjudication teams ensuring acceptable risk assessments, portfolio management, data integrity and completion of internal and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Perform risk assessment analysis through risk rating tools (include template selection) to determine appropriateness of Borrower IG code (including override rationale)/LGD and escalating matters requiring attention.
- Timely completion of various internal and regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. over-threshold; large exposure) in accordance with Bank policy and procedures, when needed.
- Communicate the terms and conditions of credit authorizations accurately to stakeholders by preparation of C360 and CARDS authorizations in a timely manner.
- Review and maintain SDR filing and Scorecard to ensure we process request within SLA.
- Build strong working relationships with Credit units, Credit Process, Design & Training, Credit Risk Administration, and other Global Risk Management & Banking units.
- Support the GRM Corporate Credit adjudication teams with other duties as required.
- Support in monitoring of industry and connection exposures, country risk exposure if applicable.
- Support in preparation of annual/interim reviews particularly when assigned by Credit or CCRA management with respect to data collection if applicable.
- Assist in any efficiency or streamlining initiative that impacts not only within CCRA but also external processes.
- Compliance to audit requirements and CCRA Job Aid to ensure tighter controls are in place to meet stakeholder’s requirements.
- Continuous improvement in processes by leading (or participating) to the team initiatives or mini sessions to address inefficiencies in CCRA procedures.
- Pro-active support the GRM Corporate Credit adjudication teams with other duties as required.
- Full understanding of financial statements with solid analytical skills
- Good understanding of the Bank's credit policies, processes, and procedures including risk rating processes (CreditLens)
- Demonstrates understanding of many of the various industries covered by Corporate Credit
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships within the unit, across GRM-Corporate Credit units and with other internal partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple priorities while maintaining high quality work
- Excellent computer skills
- Pro-active in looking for ways to improve efficiencies within the GRM-CCRA unit as well as with partners with whom the unit interacts.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.