|Administrative Support 3 - Infrastructure, Safety Codes|
Administrative Support 3 - Infrastructure, Safety Codes
Company : City of Camrose
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT 3 –
INFRASTRUCTURE, SAFETY CODES
The City of Camrose is seeking an energetic, reliable individual with a strong aptitude in customer service and office
administration to fill the full-time permanent role of Administrative Support 3 – Infrastructure, Safety Codes. Reporting to the
Senior Safety Codes Officer, this position will be responsible for providing support and assistance in administering the
Safety Codes Act, including all Regulations pursuant to the Act, as well as the Joint Quality Management Plan for the City
of Camrose and its accrediting partners.
- Provide information and assistance to the public, developers, contractors and to Safety Codes staff.
- Provide assistance to Planning and Development, as required.
- Issue Building / Electrical / Plumbing / Gas / HVAC / Private Sewage / Demolition permits.
- Respond to inquiries regarding permit requirements.
- Coordinate and arrange inspections for Safety Codes Officers.
- Prepare purchase orders and invoices.
- Maintain and update departmental records and databases.
- Issue cash receipts for payments related to Engineering and Safety Codes, and prepare deposits for Finance.
- Balance cash and prepares deposits.
- Document management – file daily and monthly paper and electronic documents, maintain current and archived
- Order stationery for department.
- Prepare statistical reports and submit to Joint Quality Management Plan partners and to external agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum two (2) years customer service experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Exceptional customer service and public relation skills to effectively maintain professional relationships and
- Experience working in an administrative role within the construction industry.
- Proficient in the use of GIS-based mapping tools, Serenic and MS Office.
- Required to be familiar with the Safety Codes Act and pertinent Regulations affecting Permit issuance.
- Completion of the Permit Issuer’s course by the Safety Codes Council.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work
environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address
below or in person by August 19, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject
line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be