Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Location: This position will be located in our Winnipeg office.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2022
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With more than $20 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2021 Brokerage Report Card
Wellington-Altus is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our highly skilled team specializing in customized and innovative wealth strategies for high-net-worth clients.
Reporting to a team of Wealth Advisors, the Administrative Assistant will use their exceptional organization and client service skills to provide confidential and timely administrative and customer-service support to the Advisor team and their clients.
Acting as a resource person for clients, the Administrative Assistant will lead the timely and accurate completion of administrative tasks relating to managing client accounts and team operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in preparing Advisors and Managers for client meetings, including the preparation of account-opening documentation.
- Processing a variety of transactions (ex: issuing cheques, deposits, contributions and withdrawals, incoming and outgoing transfers).
- Committing to rigorous follow-up relating to all client transactions to ensure proper processing and minimization of errors.
- Acting as a general resource person for clients (ex: printing statements, tax slips).
- Having a strong understanding of the firm’s procedures and policies.
- Maintaining client files, ensuring that all documentation and notes are compliant with industry regulations.
- Performing general administrative tasks (ex: preparing letters, client communication pieces, etc.)
- Attending client events
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A diploma in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
- A minimum of one year of administrative experience, preferably in finance.
- Completion of CSC/CPH an asset.
- Experience in opening accounts with IIROC is considered a strong asset.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to proactively organize and manage a high volume of time-sensitive work.
- A demonstrated, reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements.
- A customer-focused attitude, with a commitment to providing extraordinary service to high-net-worth clients.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office tools; experience with financial tools is an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply for This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.