|Administration Assistant (Transit Maintenance) - Full Time|
Administration Assistant (Transit Maintenance) - Full Time
Company : Region of Waterloo
Salary : $24.56–$27.97 an hour
Location : Ontario
Provides clerical, administrative, and reception support to Transit Fleet staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of general office procedures, reading, writing, math, and communication skills acquired through a Grade 12 education plus 1 year of related office experience.
- Knowledge of automotive parts and components.
- Time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to organize work, determine priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Communication skills to respond to requests for service; respond to inquiries courteously; communicate with staff/supervisor using a phone and two-way radio; relay information between Transit Fleet and vendors, towing company; convey emergency information between emergency services and management; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, complete forms, records, reports, and letters, and record meeting minutes.
- Computer skills, using software such as Microsoft Office, and fleet management and document management systems. Skill in the operation of a multi-line telephone system and two-way radio.
- Ability to travel to locations within Waterloo Region.
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.