|Wagalus School - Janitorial & Maintenance Posting|
Wagalus School - Janitorial & Maintenance Posting
Company : Kwakiutl Band Council
Salary : $18–$23 an hour
Location : British Columbia
JOB POSTING: CUSTODIAN/MAINTENANCE
Wagalus Elementary is currently looking for a full-time custodian/part-time maintenance
worker. The successful candidate will work M-F, 5hrs/day, 5days/week for custodial duties
during the school year ending one week after the teachers finish and one week before they
start – dates change yearly. The maintenance portion will be on an as needed basis.
Maintenance and custodial work may have to be done during Christmas & Spring breaks with
vacation paid out. The position will be supervised by the principal.
- Completed Grade 12
- Basic First Aid
- Building Service Worker or comparable training
- at least two years' experience in the application of modern custodian methods and
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Work with little or no supervision and be a team player
- Complete a criminal record check
- Display excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate in a clear and timely
manner with other staff and immediate supervisor, maintains a professional
- should have the physical health and ability to work a 5hr shift and be able to lift
50lbs/22.7kg of weight if necessary.
The hourly wage for this position is between $18-$23/hr depending on experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with a cover letter and resume outlining relevant
background and work experience, references and a copy of the BSW certificate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. This job posting will close July
Please send resume to:
CC/ Marion Hunt – [email protected] 250-949-0500
Custodial Job Description:
- perform routine cleaning and maintains the upkeep and safety of our school to an
- BATHROOMS - Cleans and sanitizes
- Wipes down counters, dusts, sweeps, mops, vacuums all classrooms
- Takes garbage, recycle, dirty cloths and cleans containers
- Refills soaps/sanitizers
- Wipes down desks, chairs
- Scrubs sinks
- OFFICE, LIBRARY, STAFFROOM, RESOURCE ROOM, KITCHEN
- Vacuums, dusts, mops, sanitizes
- OTHER AREAS: FOYER, HALLWAYS, GYM
- Sweep & Mop
- WINDOWS, PLEXIGLASS SCREENS kept clean
- take on a range of janitorial tasks including assisting school-based staff in moving
furniture and equipment as necessary.
- maintains the recycling program.
- takes inventory and orders janitorial supplies
Other duties as requested by supervisor
Maintenance Job Description:
- check, maintain and fix items around and within the school.
- Coordinate contract workers to maintain items that they cannot do themselves –
electrical, plumbing, locksmith, fire inspections, staining of school
- maintain the landscaping around the school
- snow removal and salting walks when needed
- and be available to remove snow when necessary.
- have the strength and dexterity to operate custodial/maintenance tools and
machinery, cleaning equipment and other power tools.
- maintains the HVAC system
- able to deal with simple plumbing and lighting needs
- deals with alarms
- coordinates carpet cleaning
- maintains cleanliness of outside windows
- checks playground for safety