|Transit Serviceperson EX22-924|
Transit Serviceperson EX22-924
Company : City of Greater Sudbury
Salary : $27.02 an hour
Location : Ontario
Posting date: July 29, 2022
Job Title: Transit Serviceperson
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-924
Status: Casual part time position
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes
Rate of Pay: $27.02 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: 1160 Lorne Street
Section: Transit Operations
Division: Transit Services
Department: Community Development
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Transit Assets and Services.
- Clean, detail and service all transit vehicles including dispensing and recording of fuels, oils and other fluids as required.
- Empty fareboxes on each transit vehicle on a nightly basis.
- Bus shuttling, parking and relocation of transit vehicles as required.
- Report abnormalities on transit vehicles such as leaks, damage and mechanical issues.
- Clean, detail and perform maintenance on bus stops and bus shelters.
- Assemble, construct and install bus stops and bus shelters.
- Complete reports for bus and bus shelter cleaning and detailing.
- Keep detail and service bays, and related work areas clean.
- Report any building or equipment maintenance issues and repairs as required (e.g. doors, climate control, bus wash).
- Perform yard maintenance as directed, including winter control.
- Operate power and hand tools.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Must possess a Class “DZ” driver’s licence or be able to acquire a Class “DZ” driver’s licence within 6 months of hire.
- Transit experience preferred.
- Physically capable of constant movement such as bending, twisting, rotations, sitting, standing and walking distances of up to 10 kilometers per shift.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 70 lbs.
- Perform shift work, including night shift.
- Demonstrate mechanical ability and aptitude.
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast paced, production line environment.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to park and manoeuvre transit vehicles in the garage and through the bus wash to the Manager of Transit Assets and Services satisfaction.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals common to the work being performed.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-924 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at [email protected] or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $27.02 per hour