|Senior Analyst, Commercial Programs - Montreal, QC|
Senior Analyst, Commercial Programs - Montreal, QC
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 152265
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for contributing to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Automotive Commercial Credit portfolio. The Senior Analyst performs credit analysis and support tasks for their assigned portfolio of Captive Manufacturer accounts nationally. These tasks include financial spreading and analysis, rating activities, monitoring of required conditions using Bank systems/processes and Captive reporting, maintaining complete monitoring systems and other credit/or fulfillment activities. The Senior Analyst is also responsible for basic credit tasks. In partnership with the SRM and CSM, the Senior Analyst may occasionally interact directly with the Captive’s internal credit team as well as Global Risk Management and other Bank partners.
Process and Analyze Customer Reporting items by:
- Completing the spreading of financial statements in Moody’s Risk Analyst (RA) in an accurate and timely manner as per authorized frequency requirements;
- Liaise with the necessary internal and external groups to ensure required information and documentation are obtained;
- Maintaining a complete monitoring system (i.e. “Task Manager” or other tracking system) to ensure reporting is completed in a timely manner;
- Updating tracking system with necessary information to ensure accuracy of the customer reporting requirements (this includes various data such as annual review date, frequency of financial spreads and field audits, IG rating, Captive internal rating, CPI renewal etc.);
- Performing trend analysis to monitor the health of client accounts and help determine client risk ratings;
- Monthly review and action of various Captive monitoring reports including (e.g. inventory management, payoff performance, watchlist report);
- Identifying customer reporting items that are overdue and where authorized by management, following up with Captive for overdue items between 0 and 30 days overdue. Escalating items outstanding beyond 30 days to the SRM;
- Supporting the material deterioration processes by:
o Escalating material deterioration to management.
o Updating tracking system to identify offside reporting conditions and removing flag when remedied or authorized by GRM.
Support the Annual Review process and preparation of credit correspondence by:
- Analyzing client files in tracking system to determine annual review and rating refresh reporting items that are due;
- Preparing/completing spreads of annual financial statements and projections in RA;
- Performing structuring and analytical functions, along with other due diligence activities;
- Assisting with credit tasks to support SRM and CSM in the preparation of credits.
- Ensuring client files are complete and up to date, and that all relevant correspondence and authorizations are properly stored in the Shared Document Repository (SDR);
- Ensuring fees, pricing, IG and authorized limited changes are correctly processed/resolved as required and tracking system updated to reflect the information outlined in the Credit Authorization; Support the completion of conditions precedent and ensure all required steps are completed prior to completion on tracking system;
- Providing other administrative support as required for credit/or fulfillment activities.
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Sound credit skills (must be able to spread financials, assess risk, draw conclusions and assist with new/existing credit application/review write up).
- Intermediate accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Solid problem solving skills and solutions oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the Automotive Industry.
- Good knowledge of commercial lending products
- Ability to use Word & Excel and relevant specialized software (RA).
Work in a hybrid office / remote environment; non-standard hours may be required from time to time.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.